Feelings Toward Ace Merch!

whocaresthough

whocaresthough

Today, I got my first ace identification: a black ring! I was so excited to find it! So much that I easily threw away ten dollars for such a small symbol that no ace will probably ever see! I'm planning on getting more stuff, because I love teaching people about asexuality! How about you guys? Do you have any ace merch/indentifiers? If you don't, do you just not want to spend the money? I totally understand that!

I have an ace ring too! I got it near the end of May, stainsless steel, about $6. I decided to get one with the Lord's prayer because I'm Catholic. I find the ring to be more of a self expression and got the ring I wanted and I agree with you about teaching people about asexuality. I enjoy it as well. My friends (same age as me, 13-14) know close to nothing about asexuality. They only know the basic definition of asexual. I like it when they ask me questions because it gives me a chance to inform them and for over a month, I've been really identifying as an ace. It's a good feeling, knowing who I am.

whocaresthough

I have an ace ring too! I got it near the end of May, stainsless steel, about $6. I decided to get one with the Lord's prayer because I'm Catholic. I find the ring to be more of a self expression and got the ring I wanted and I agree with you about teaching people about asexuality. I enjoy it as well. My friends (same age as me, 13-14) know close to nothing about asexuality. They only know the basic definition of asexual. I like it when they ask me questions because it gives me a chance to inform them and for over a month, I've been really identifying as an ace. It's a good feeling, knowing who I am.

My ring has a cool cross on it, too ^ ^ Man, I wish I had the courage to come out to my best friend.. It's so difficult, though.. Every time I try to type it to her, my fingers lock up, and if I try to tell her, I am not able to say anything! How did you come out to your friends? (I totally agree, the best part of this whole thing is knowing I'm not alone.)

I have a dark grey long-sleeve tee shirt and I got myself a purple polo to wear over it because they are ace colors, and also because I just like those colors together. Neither of them say anything about asexuality on them; I've looked at ace-themed clothing before, but I'd prefer something more subtle than a big logo or graphic on a tee shirt. Maybe a pin. If I can find an AVEN triangle pin in a small size, I'd consider getting that. I know I've seen one somewhere before but I don't remember where.

The black ring seems like a nice identifier but I would prefer not to wear any jewelry (I don't know if a pin counts as jewelry; I mostly mean rings, piercings, or necklaces). Is there anything about equivalent to the ring that isn't jewelry? I don't want anything super conspicuous.

I've thought about just finding some black string and tying it around my finger, and then if anyone asks and I don't want to talk about it I could lie tell them I was just playing with string or something... I haven't thought it all the way through.

My ring has a cool cross on it, too ^ ^ Man, I wish I had the courage to come out to my best friend.. It's so difficult, though.. Every time I try to type it to her, my fingers lock up, and if I try to tell her, I am not able to say anything! How did you come out to your friends? (I totally agree, the best part of this whole thing is knowing I'm not alone.)

I actually told my friends to their faces, that I was asexual. Most of my friends knew within a week and were not surprised at all because they knew me. I've never shown an interest in dating or sex, so it made sense to them that I was asexual and it made things easy. My friends are also super cool so they didn't give me any of that "That's not real," bull. I've always been an open book, I guess, so it wasn't frustrating. I felt kind if uncomfortable when I began to tell each person but relieved when it was over because then, they knew and I couldn't help but smile. I didn't prioritize anyone either, like tell my closer friend first. When I was hanging with any friend that didn't know yet, I'd find a way to slip it into conversation and by that I mean out of the blue ask them what their sexuality is. That's normal for me to do though. I think my reputation made my coming out to my friends (I've only told my friends) quite convenient.
I think I can kinda get what you're feeling, what with having problems telling your best friend. My friends consider me outgoing and chill but I have some anxiety. I'm actually really tense all the time and often I just feel so..weird? I try not to think too much because my thoughts consume me. Honestly, that's how I get through things. I don't try to muster up courage or plan anything, because that's me, I just wing it. I hope you'll find a time where you'll feel ready to tell your best friend. Feeling ready is pretty important. I guess if you want to avoid having to say so much, maybe just tell her you're asexual? Take the straightforward approach? Really though, it's up to you. Whatever, whenever, however you think is best for you to tell her (or anyone else, for that matter), you do it. I hope that this helped a bit.
whocaresthough

I actually told my friends to their faces, that I was asexual. Most of my friends knew within a week and were not surprised at all because they knew me. I've never shown an interest in dating or sex, so it made sense to them that I was asexual and it made things easy. My friends are also super cool so they didn't give me any of that "That's not real," bull. I've always been an open book, I guess, so it wasn't frustrating. I felt kind if uncomfortable when I began to tell each person but relieved when it was over because then, they knew and I couldn't help but smile. I didn't prioritize anyone either, like tell my closer friend first. When I was hanging with any friend that didn't know yet, I'd find a way to slip it into conversation and by that I mean out of the blue ask them what their sexuality is. That's normal for me to do though. I think my reputation made my coming out to my friends (I've only told my friends) quite convenient.

I think I can kinda get what you're feeling, what with having problems telling your best friend. My friends consider me outgoing and chill but I have some anxiety. I'm actually really tense all the time and often I just feel so..weird? I try not to think too much because my thoughts consume me. Honestly, that's how I get through things. I don't try to muster up courage or plan anything, because that's me, I just wing it. I hope you'll find a time where you'll feel ready to tell your best friend. Feeling ready is pretty important. I guess if you want to avoid having to say so much, maybe just tell her you're asexual? Take the straightforward approach? Really though, it's up to you. Whatever, whenever, however you think is best for you to tell her (or anyone else, for that matter), you do it. I hope that this helped a bit.

Yes, this did help, thank you!

whocaresthough

I have a dark grey long-sleeve tee shirt and I got myself a purple polo to wear over it because they are ace colors, and also because I just like those colors together. Neither of them say anything about asexuality on them; I've looked at ace-themed clothing before, but I'd prefer something more subtle than a big logo or graphic on a tee shirt. Maybe a pin. If I can find an AVEN triangle pin in a small size, I'd consider getting that. I know I've seen one somewhere before but I don't remember where.

The black ring seems like a nice identifier but I would prefer not to wear any jewelry (I don't know if a pin counts as jewelry; I mostly mean rings, piercings, or necklaces). Is there anything about equivalent to the ring that isn't jewelry? I don't want anything super conspicuous.

I've thought about just finding some black string and tying it around my finger, and then if anyone asks and I don't want to talk about it I could lie tell them I was just playing with string or something... I haven't thought it all the way through.

I pretty much love jewelry that isn't fancy, like those rubber bracelets and chain necklaces and lame earrings with nothing really on them, so when I heard about the black ring, I was like "I must get one!" But, where I live, we dont really have any high-end fashion stores or low-end jewelry stores, so it was super hard to find one (I actually found it in a gas station in Idaho), so I actually considered using black string.

But as for another thing you could do, maybe get several colors and use them as shoelaces. There's a way that you can put two laces on one shoe, so of you do the shoelace thing, just go to the store and see if they have those colors.

Thanks ThatNerdOverThere, shoelaces are a neat idea. I hadn't thought of doing much with my feet.

whocaresthough

Thanks ThatNerdOverThere, shoelaces are a neat idea. I hadn't thought of doing much with my feet.

Though, I love that shirt idea you had! I have a purple long-sleeved undershirt, so I'm gonna get a black one to go over it, and wear it with my white pants. I'm gonna be a work of art XD

kawaiipanda

I got myself a black ring yesterday, and I'm not really into it. It's tungsten, so it feels heavy. It's a plain band, and every other ring I own has a setting, so every time I look at it, I think: "this ring isn't me at all!" I also rarely wear rings, so I'm afraid I will get tired of it and abandon it. I will try to get used to it. My little sister loves it, so my ring has a new owner lined up if I decide not to wear it!

Though, I love that shirt idea you had! I have a purple long-sleeved undershirt, so I'm gonna get a black one to go over it, and wear it with my white pants. I'm gonna be a work of art XD

Thanks! I really wanted a black long-sleeve shirt, but I didn't have one and couldn't find one to buy (the selection wasn't great where I looked, maybe because it is summer).

I'm sure your outfit will look great, and very ace! Pretty much my only pairs of pants are blue jeans, but I have some light grey and white shoes, which now that I think about it would go wonderfully with ace shoelaces!

whocaresthough

Thanks! I really wanted a black long-sleeve shirt, but I didn't have one and couldn't find one to buy (the selection wasn't great where I looked, maybe because it is summer).

I'm sure your outfit will look great, and very ace! Pretty much my only pairs of pants are blue jeans, but I have some light grey and white shoes, which now that I think about it would go wonderfully with ace shoelaces!

It's summer here too D: I can't stand it being almost 90 degrees xo

Member54880

I have a black ring, and a chainmail necklace in black/grey/purple, and a chainmail bracelet that has all the ace pride colors. The ring is kind of bulky, but I like how it looks.

whocaresthough

I have a black ring, and a chainmail necklace in black/grey/purple, and a chainmail bracelet that has all the ace pride colors. The ring is kind of bulky, but I like how it looks.

I had problems finding my ring, because the ones I did find were super bulky! Not for me, but I agree, I love how they look! And that necklace sounds epic!

AstralFist

I have been been trying to get a black ring forever :P

I do have a few ace pride stuff though

A baseball tee that say NAH in the flag colors and a tank top saying "hella ace and in your face" with the flag on it.

I also have a hoodie saying " I am a asexual dragon" (front) "and my story is vital" (back) from readvitality.com

Lookhuman is really good for ace merch they have a lot of options for us in the lgbtq section if anyone is interested.

whocaresthough

I have been been trying to get a black ring forever :P

I do have a few ace pride stuff though

A baseball tee that say NAH in the flag colors and a tank top saying "hella ace and in your face" with the flag on it.

I also have a hoodie saying " I am a asexual dragon" (front) "and my story is vital" (back) from readvitality.com

Lookhuman is really good for ace merch they have a lot of options for us in the lgbtq section if anyone is interested.

Wow, sounds awesome! I'm gonna totally give it a try~ Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you for the rec! :-)

I have a black ring I've been wearing since last year. I don't wear rings or a lot of jewelry, but no one has commented on it. It took a while to feel comfortable on my finger, but it always felt like a part of me. And now I feel naked without it :-)

Last week I put a sticker on my car :-)

MyCar_zpsnxr7qgv8.jpg

Archived