How Did You Come Out?

I just told my friend that 'hey if i told you I could be asexual or questioning would you judge me?' and she was really supportive and basically told me she would always be there for me, def don't want to come out to my parents until I'm 100% sure and I think they wouldn't react too negatively 

I came out to one of my friends accidentally and another friend by playing two lies and a truth.

Hermit Advocate

Coming out to my friend, I just told her I was asexual and then finished eating my pancakes.

Coming out to my mom: I had written a few poems for class about asexuality, she read them and never commented on the subject except to point out a spelling error. 

1 hour ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Coming out to my friend, I just told her I was asexual and then finished eating my pancakes.

I wish I could be this chill :/ I'm overthinking everything 

I do a lot of creative nonfiction writing for my blog, so I decided to write and post an essay on the topic. It was kind of weird to go from never talking about it to talking about it in detail through a public forum, but was in many ways less awkward than telling people in person. I avoided having to repeat the same story to different people, and I was able to anticipate and answer many questions in advance.

Came out to mostly my dad, who was very concerned for my future happiness and that I was shutting myself off from potential relationships. Didn't really lead to much; my parents do not care at all, which is kind of hurtful and disorienting after having spent so much energy figuring everything out.

I don't really "come out" to people currently, but I make it pretty clear from how I respond during discussions about relationships and sex that attraction to others is NOT universal and that I don't share the same perspective as I'm assumed to have.

Th3Absurd1ST

I came out via a long letter addressed to my best friends last summer. I still haven't done a coming out to my parents, but my close friends are now informed. It was a complex matter for me to discuss face to face, mainly because I would have had to break the ice out of the blue, bring this subject in. This is how I broke the ice and then we talked about it. They told me they had certain doubts about my orientation, but didn't know much about asexuality, except, well, the plant asexuality. I just posted a topic containing said letter in this category as a first post here on AVEN!

I told my dad like 5 months ago because I met a guy and he was like 'use condoms don't get pregnant' and I told him that wasn't a concern because I won't have sex with him and explained him what asexuality is. But I don't think my dad took it seriously.

Well I live in a homophobic family. I haven't came out to anyone. I'm sure if I did they would be supportive, but I don't think I should. I probably will come out to my Gender Fluid and bisexual term.