"We have the weirdest couple activities."

theredspade

theredspade

I am going to start this off with, of late, I have been questioning how demiromantic panromantic I actually am, and if I might just be a super friendly aromantic who appreciates emotionally intimate queerplatonic relationships. But that's mostly just background information.

Today, when my zirfriend got back to our house after spending yesterday visiting a family member in the hospital, I showed them that I had been making a bunch of pride flags on the computer by asking people their identities, and then making huge strings of all the various accompanying flags to their identities. So I offered to making them one. And it turned into this huge things where I incorporated pictures of them into it, and phrases like "Proud to be queer" and so on. Once I finally finished, we spent time figuring out how to set it as their background, lock screen, and screen saver, and once after all of this was done, while laughing, they said, "We have the weirdest couple activities." I replied with, "I don't know how to respond to that," and they just shook their head, and we went with our evening.

They've said things of the like before, and it's never really bothered me - I like how we interact, why should I be bothered by that - but more recently, with the (a)romantic contemplation's I've been having, it struck me as... I don't know. Pointed, even though they weren't trying to be. Like, my brain heard that and immediately responded with, "Probably because you don't experience the romance thing, or at least don't understand it."

Anyways. We do have weird couple activities. But I suppose, all couples do. And romance can be extremely subjective so, what does it even matter.

Jeeze. This post definitely had a point when I started typing it. Oh well. Have fun decoding my brain rambles fellow avenites.

binary suns

I think there are other romantic couples who make that comment. If that was what you were wondering. It doesn't strike me as an unusual comment, tho maybe an uncommon one.

SorryNotSorry

They're both long gone now, but my dad got my mother into building model cars before I was born.

I think that's romantic... but no doubt most people today would find model-building unacceptably geeky for a couple.

Weird couple activities can be perfectly romantic (or not). The best relationships are the ones where you really enjoy each other's quirks 😊

I like brain rambles.

My partner said similar after a wrestling/tickling/licking episode we had. He doesn't like tickles and I don't like licks so we often try to do the thing the other doesn't like. It usually ends in some kind of wrestle where he wins and I end up on the floor giggling till I cry and him looking confused. idk XD

Weird (couple or not) activities, are what makes a relationship a happy one, in my opinion. The weirdest activities is the most normal in any relationship, whether a romantic, a friendly or a family related (specially between siblings and cousins) one. So yeah. It's something normal no matter what kind of relationship you have. Is that what you wanted to know? Now MY answer is confusing. payback

:cake:

Archived