Hello *waves*

subrhythm

Hello :)
I'm quietly excited about talking to other people who identify as asexual - it's not a topic i'm comfortable discussing even with my closest friends. I'm loath to apply labels to myself because I don't feel like I 'fit' anywhere in particular, but I have felt little pangs of joy/recognition/affinity/hope while reading the posts in these forums. I have felt different for my entire life, like I missed out on some fundamental 'human' ingredient that everyone else was given when they were growing up. To feel a small sense of 'belonging', even if just on an internet forum, is unfamiliar and strange to me. But it also feels good. I got a little emotional writing that! Anyway.... hi everyone!

Hi and welcome to AVEN! This is a great place to meet some awesome people and feel like you have a place you belong. I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this amazing community!!! :)

Z38DhfH.jpg?1

Confusion 0

Welcome to AVEN, friend :D :cake:

I'm glad you feel you belong here, that's always a good thing. And you may indeed not fit any labels at all. That is not a bad thing. However, if you are going to talk to others about this, having terms to describe yourself can make it a lot easier for others to understand what you are like. But of course, it's up to you ;)

And if you want to chat, just send me a message. I'm very new here myself, so don't be shy.

Thanks for the responses :) Solidarity is awesome.

Hello and welcome to AVEN! Would you like some cake? :cake: :cake:

It is great to be part of a community which has similar experiences of the world. Many people on this site are not out to their friends and/or family either, me included. This is why AVEN is so important, as it gives us closeted aces people to talk to (of course, open aces also enjoy these forums). I'm sure you'll have no problems making friends, as everyone here is great.

I've been wondering why everyone mentions cake?! I love cake.

CosineTheCat

Hello and Welcome to AVEN!

This is a wonderful site full of amazing people and I’m glad that you’ve become a part of it, and thank you for sharing your story, I know it’s not always easy thing to do. Be sure to browse around and check out all the different areas. I’m sure you’ll find something that interests you!

Welcome Again!

Hullo! Nice to meet you and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake: I'm glad that you have decided to join and that you have found yourself. A lot of people here can relate to you, so it's really nice to have a whole community that understands each other. I hope you enjoy it here. More cake! :cake: :cake:

I've been wondering why everyone mentions cake?! I love cake.

For some it's an "in joke"...cake is better than sex. Others of us just think it's pretty (and a nice welcome gesture). :)

Archived