Different Dysphorias

999papercranes
9 minutes ago, Sibemarie said:

I am suffering of the same specially because i have more weight now as result of major depression/unemployment, so crap comes all together and they look bigger.

It's horrendous. I am now using sports bras but not enough. The f*cking breast , this unwanted female shape is making me suffer. This all together (plus depression) is tearing me apart. I am  looking for one in Ebay, but not sure about size 

Here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Women-Crop-Hook-Vest-Tank-Tops-Tomboy-Bandage-Breast-Binder-Bra-Slim-Bra-M/401329651811?hash=item5d711c8063:g:X1kAAOSw1WJZHVMB

I know that good binders are expensive and hard to attain and I know how much chest dysphoria sucks, but those kinds of binders are very harmful to bind with! They can break ribs and are generally about as safe as binding with ace bandages. I'd recommend gc2b or Underworks, but if you absolutely have to get one of those, please be safe and don't wear it if it starts causing you pain! I'd hate for you to hurt yourself :( 

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, 999papercranes said:

Is Shapeshifters the brand you're thinking of? 

yeah exactly!

43 minutes ago, Sibemarie said:

I am suffering of the same specially because i have more weight now as result of major depression/unemployment, so crap comes all together and they look bigger.

It's horrendous. I am now using sports bras but not enough. The f*cking breast , this unwanted female shape is making me suffer. This all together (plus depression) is tearing me apart. I am  looking for one in Ebay, but not sure about size 

Here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Women-Crop-Hook-Vest-Tank-Tops-Tomboy-Bandage-Breast-Binder-Bra-Slim-Bra-M/401329651811?hash=item5d711c8063:g:X1kAAOSw1WJZHVMB

Please don't buy those, I heard horrible things about them. Sure they are cheap, but binding itself isn't the healthiest thing and these binders especially are really bad for your ribcage and breathing.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lirpaderp said:

Is gc2b or underworks better? What kinds do you prefer and why?

I hear gc2b is far more comfortable on the regular. I’ve only ever owned gc2b but I can vouch for them being good. Apparently they bind better too. Underworks are mostly designed for cis men with gynecomastia (abnormal breast growth) but gc2b is meant for LGBTQ individuals. Here’s a photo comparison:

cef69906415517272f30c2b69e9c5dee803a2d86

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Lirpaderp said:

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to measure myself alone

Gc2b has a fitting guide on their site! If you have a flexible measuring tape it’s really easy.

• Like 1

Lol I've been on the verge of getting a binger from Gc2b for the past two weeks - the only thing stopping me is that if my mothering figure caught me in it she'd immediately notice and start questioning me about it and my tran-ness would be revealed to my family which really isn't something I can fucking handle right now.:mellow:

Just why the fuck was I even given these lumps of fat on my chest?  they literally make me feel physically sick and there bloody nothing I can do about it :angry: because for now it is just a waiting game that I'll just have to somehow work though.

• Like 5
On 18/11/2017 at 5:15 PM, 999papercranes said:

I know that good binders are expensive and hard to attain and I know how much chest dysphoria sucks, but those kinds of binders are very harmful to bind with! They can break ribs and are generally about as safe as binding with ace bandages. I'd recommend gc2b or Underworks, but if you absolutely have to get one of those, please be safe and don't wear it if it starts causing you pain! I'd hate for you to hurt yourself :( 

Thank you for the advice. gc2b seems to be ok even though for me the price is still a bit. Where i live (Portugal) most salaries that i can get are around 500 euro/580 USD, so you can imagine...and i am unemployed now. :(

22 hours ago, I Am Mel said:

Lol I've been on the verge of getting a binger from Gc2b for the past two weeks - the only thing stopping me is that if my mothering figure caught me in it she'd immediately notice and start questioning me about it and my tran-ness would be revealed to my family which really isn't something I can fucking handle right now.:mellow:

Just why the fuck was I even given these lumps of fat on my chest?  they literally make me feel physically sick and there bloody nothing I can do about it :angry: because for now it is just a waiting game that I'll just have to somehow work though.

I understnd you...same with me, specially now that i am a little more fat due to depression .... i needed to loose 7 kilos to make them smaller, now they are bigger it makes me sick, very sick, unconfortable. Even these thight sports bra aren't working properly, i hate to feel those things over there ... :(

• Like 1
On 18/11/2017 at 5:48 PM, Finn. said:

yeah exactly!

Please don't buy those, I heard horrible things about them. Sure they are cheap, but binding itself isn't the healthiest thing and these binders especially are really bad for your ribcage and breathing.

Thank you for the advice. Yeah i understand. Usually when i am skinnier/fit i can quite make them quite flat with a sports bra, but at the moment i have more weight and i just can't stand those bumps there.

Something kind of humorous related to dysphoria:
My roommate told me after we'd both gotten up this morning that I woke her up at some ungodly hour last night by yelling "WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAY?" in my sleep. After some thinking, I remembered that I has having a dream about being deadnamed by both of my parents and I was so incensed about the occurrence that I voiced my displeasure aloud, even in my deep REM state :P 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sibemarie said:

Thank you for the advice. Yeah i understand. Usually when i am skinnier/fit i can quite make them quite flat with a sports bra, but at the moment i have more weight and i just can't stand those bumps there.

weight and body image cw

yeah I get that. I gain fat there too around a certain weight mark. I try to stay under it but it's hard without starting to have disordered eating. I try to go easy on myself, but I'm definitely a lot happier with my body under this mark.*

I can't fathom how I weighed 7 more kilos 2-3 years ago, that was nearly two cup sizes bigger, depending on the brand (plus a lot more hips and thighs). Losing that weight helped me tremendously, even though I didn't even really realize I gained it in the first place. I am terrified I will gain that much weight again. (Doesn't help with the disordered eating).

I hope you'll feel better at some point, so you can work at a better body for yourself.

*it's not an unhealthy weight, just slightly below what I balance out on without restricting myself

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Finn. said:

weight and body image cw

yeah I get that. I gain fat there too around a certain weight mark. I try to stay under it but it's hard without starting to have disordered eating. I try to go easy on myself, but I'm definitely a lot happier with my body under this mark.*

And this right here is why I have disordered eating. Just trying to make the body flat. Yeah. I'm not cool with the medication-induced weight gain I've had over the past year.

• Like 1
On 20/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, Finn. said:

weight and body image cw

I can't fathom how I weighed 7 more kilos 2-3 years ago, that was nearly two cup sizes bigger, depending on the brand (plus a lot more hips and thighs). Losing that weight helped me tremendously, even though I didn't even really realize I gained it in the first place. I am terrified I will gain that much weight again. (Doesn't help with the disordered eating).

I hope you'll feel better at some point, so you can work at a better body for yourself.

*it's not an unhealthy weight, just slightly below what I balance out on without restricting myself

This is something that i can tell my best friend, and only to you people only in this website. I am actually more 7 kilos than last year. My depression is worse and i drink alcohol many times/eat chocolates often and watch movies to make the sorrow go away, which i shouldn't, but can't controll the massive problem (years of frustration/struggles/this portuguese crap labor market/near poverty/precarious jobs/lonely migration cicle) is killing me hard, really hard. Last year i was skinnier, i was feeling slightly better, i had a set up job contract. Now i got depressed and i cant even look at myself in the mirror, those more pronounced female shapes make me sick. I am on the normal body weight but i would rather go down at least 5 kg but can't. Even with exercise (and when im too depressed i cant even go to the gymn). Specially my breast. Its not big, but I CAN see it even with loose clothes. I hate it so much. I hope you don't have to go through that level of dysphoria again and feel better you too.  I understand. Thank you for the understanding.

• Like 1

I was looking at recent Facebook pictures, and with my hair and the clothes I wear, I think I look like a guy or at least not like a girl. But then all the comments were you go girl or have fun girlie (which is just insulting in my opinion). I feel kind of like they were all trying to overcompensate.

• Like 3

My binder was supposed to be here days ago. My dorm was closed and the post office didn't recognize my address. I was told delivery failed and to go to the post office downtown to receive it. I walked all the way over and it wasn't there. The post office said it was just sent out and it should be at my dorm in the next 3 days.... I was so excited 😢

• Like 3
nerdperson777

My older uncle and his older son are coming over in the morning.  I don't look forward to it.  My uncle is the top patriarch in a very traditional family system.  I really don't want to hear about how to be a good obedient daughter and how that would bring me great fortune, in like finding a husband.  I'm also hearing that he's pressuring that son to get married and give him grandchildren.  He already has grandchildren from his older daughter and younger son.  The younger daughter is married.  What's with all these people who want their kids to have children just so they can be a grandparent?  I don't think I can raise my voice to sound girly enough without warming up first.  Unlike last time they visited, I don't have a friend to escape to.  This is going to be so much social dysphoria for the next two weeks.

• Like 1
Alex the Queer

ugh fucking hell. so i just recently got off my period. was dysphoric about that, and i’ve been dysphoric about my boobs lately. then the other day i happened to look in the mirror to check this spot on my shoulder and saw where i have stretch marks way bigger and worse than i ever thought on my hips, so i’ve been feeling awful about my body the past couple days. the icing on top of the cake was just now, when my grandmother decided to start calling me ‘fat legs’, encouraged my baby brother to do the same, and then started grabbing and jabbing at my thighs (i’m touch averse so this was extra painful). now physically repulsed and sick to my stomach and lowkey close to crying

• Like 1

I love this binder. I have classes all day and I have a sports bra in my bag so I can change back if needed but I can't. I like it too much. I lost track of time and wore it for 17 hours today. Taking it off at the end of today was the worst. I wish I could sleep in it. My stomach hurts and I have class in 6 hours but I still need to sleep. I desperately need a hug but I have nobody to hug here. 

The past few days in music theory class I've been torn. The professor split the vocal parts into men and women, rather than soprano and bass. I wish I could sing the low notes. But I can't take testosterone. But no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to sing as low as I want.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
On 12/1/2017 at 12:09 AM, Lirpaderp said:

I love this binder. I have classes all day and I have a sports bra in my bag so I can change back if needed but I can't. I like it too much. I lost track of time and wore it for 17 hours today. Taking it off at the end of today was the worst. I wish I could sleep in it. My stomach hurts and I have class in 6 hours but I still need to sleep. I desperately need a hug but I have nobody to hug here. 

The past few days in music theory class I've been torn. The professor split the vocal parts into men and women, rather than soprano and bass. I wish I could sing the low notes. But I can't take testosterone. But no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to sing as low as I want.

I've worn a binder for 18+ hours before.  It's not really that I didn't want to take it off.  It's more like I went through a whole day and then procrastinated showering and going to bed.  I can do it just fine but I guess it can be dangerous.  I've exercised and fallen asleep in my binder too.

Why can't you take T?

Also just saw a cringeworthy comment on a video of 23andme showing people how the DNA extraction works.

"

My report says I'm an Indigenous Australian woman! Weird, I have a working penis and everything - and a child? But DNA doesn't lie, so I'm off to buy some dresses - and I have my first didgeridoo lesson at 4:00... Thanks 23andME - you changed my life."

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I've worn a binder for 18+ hours before.  It's not really that I didn't want to take it off.  It's more like I went through a whole day and then procrastinated showering and going to bed.  I can do it just fine but I guess it can be dangerous.  I've exercised and fallen asleep in my binder too.

Why can't you take T?

Also just saw a cringeworthy comment on a video of 23andme showing people how the DNA extraction works.

Reveal hidden contents

"

My report says I'm an Indigenous Australian woman! Weird, I have a working penis and everything - and a child? But DNA doesn't lie, so I'm off to buy some dresses - and I have my first didgeridoo lesson at 4:00... Thanks 23andME - you changed my life."

Fear. I'm terrified to relearn how to sing. Plus I can use my range to figure out what note I'm singing and when listening I compare it to how the note would feel in my voice, so dictation class would be impossible. My voice only sometimes bothers me, I can deal with it most of the time. Also, once I start T I'd have to fully come out before my voice and facial hair do it for me. That's the scariest part. I'm rooming with 4 females who don't know, if I started T they would notice. And I need to tell my family before I start. I feel like I should wait until I'm 100% certain. I know I want enough that comes with T for it to be worth it, but I will wait until I'm truly ready

• Like 1
nerdperson777
37 minutes ago, Lirpaderp said:

Fear. I'm terrified to relearn how to sing. Plus I can use my range to figure out what note I'm singing and when listening I compare it to how the note would feel in my voice, so dictation class would be impossible. My voice only sometimes bothers me, I can deal with it most of the time. Also, once I start T I'd have to fully come out before my voice and facial hair do it for me. That's the scariest part. I'm rooming with 4 females who don't know, if I started T they would notice. And I need to tell my family before I start. I feel like I should wait until I'm 100% certain. I know I want enough that comes with T for it to be worth it, but I will wait until I'm truly ready

Valid points.  I'm having some trouble right now trying to control my voice.  I can still go high, but it takes a lot of effort, and even then it changes by the day.  I have to warm up for a while before I can really control it.  So my hour long commute to work is usually spent singing a song in different octaves.

I'm not sure how hairy your genetics are, but mine definitely aren't.  My dad just has prickles around his mouth and I still only have a darker peach fuzz.  My voice is the big thing that let my parents know that I found hormones.  I'm hypothesizing that Asians notice the voice first, or have the biggest drop.

As long as you're okay and not dying for changes, like some people who can't handle the dysphoria at all anymore, I guess it's okay to wait.  I'm only on the starting dosage and I don't think I'll really change it.  I don't need my voice to be even deeper and then have more trouble controlling it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Valid points.  I'm having some trouble right now trying to control my voice.  I can still go high, but it takes a lot of effort, and even then it changes by the day.  I have to warm up for a while before I can really control it.  So my hour long commute to work is usually spent singing a song in different octaves.

I'm not sure how hairy your genetics are, but mine definitely aren't.  My dad just has prickles around his mouth and I still only have a darker peach fuzz.  My voice is the big thing that let my parents know that I found hormones.  I'm hypothesizing that Asians notice the voice first, or have the biggest drop.

As long as you're okay and not dying for changes, like some people who can't handle the dysphoria at all anymore, I guess it's okay to wait.  I'm only on the starting dosage and I don't think I'll really change it.  I don't need my voice to be even deeper and then have more trouble controlling it.

My family is extremely hairy. People call my brother the aryan sasquatch for a reason. If/when I take T I want to grow a beard, so I'd have to tell them before that happens. I'm mostly scared about not being able to control my voice, singing is really hard for me (mentally) so any minor changes can destroy my ability to sing. I'll wait a bit longer. Sometimes I really want things to change, other times I don't care, but for now I will have to wait. Until then I will appreciate my brother's beard... I know it's his facial hair, but it makes me sad when he shaves it off.

• Like 2
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Lirpaderp said:

My family is extremely hairy. People call my brother the aryan sasquatch for a reason. If/when I take T I want to grow a beard, so I'd have to tell them before that happens. I'm mostly scared about not being able to control my voice, singing is really hard for me (mentally) so any minor changes can destroy my ability to sing. I'll wait a bit longer. Sometimes I really want things to change, other times I don't care, but for now I will have to wait. Until then I will appreciate my brother's beard... I know it's his facial hair, but it makes me sad when he shaves it off.

Yeah, my voice sounds like it's dying when I start to sing.  But I'm not professionally trained in anyway so I can go days without practicing voice control.  People do say that practicing everyday, with scales help.  I totally don't practice scales, at least not with my voice.  :P

• Like 2
butterflydreams

I have a question. Is it possible that something that never seemed to cause dysphoria previously starts to? I have...certain parts...that I’ve lived with my whole life. I alway knew I didn’t like them but I never felt a deep pain in noticing them, at least, I don’t think. Lately though, every time I notice them, I feel this deep sadness and frustration. 

Is this a thing?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, butterflydreams said:

I have a question. Is it possible that something that never seemed to cause dysphoria previously starts to? I have...certain parts...that I’ve lived with my whole life. I alway knew I didn’t like them but I never felt a deep pain in noticing them, at least, I don’t think. Lately though, every time I notice them, I feel this deep sadness and frustration. 

Is this a thing?

Definitely. I’m getting moderate bottom dysphoria these days, and that certainly wasn’t a thing in the past.

butterflydreams
3 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

Definitely. I’m getting moderate bottom dysphoria these days, and that certainly wasn’t a thing in the past.

Do you think it comes from not denying things anymore? I want to make sure it’s not all in my head.