• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues May/June   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! Our theme this time was "ace connections".  May/June
Heart

Different Dysphorias

996 posts in this topic

I agree, Finn.

It is especially worth it because you can be yourself. And what is even your life if you aren't yourself?

What is your life worth if you are not living it actively, just let things happen to you and go with the flow that others tell you? That's not your life then. In your life, you shall be happy the way you are.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I bought two jackets on sale for like 50% off.(My two-in-one jacket that I have is just done and I need new ones for mild and cold weather) 

One is a military style kind of jacket in khaki with adjustable waist and pockets in the chest area, so it's pretty great for all my needs, because it can look more fitting/feminine and more androgynous.

The other one is a winter jacket and I just learned that the style is called pea coat in English. So I didn't want a black jacket, and also no dark blue this time (!). So I went on a whim and ordered this beautiful burgundy color. It fits great and isn't too short either, even though I'd prefer it a bit longer. The thing is. It makes me feel a bit too feminine. And if I keep it I think there is no way around it than to buy another more androgynous winter jacket for... all those days this jacket would make me dypshoric. But I actually want to keep it, it's really pretty. And it's actually such progress for me to come out of my shell color-wise (the khaki as well).

So what do you think of the second one? Keep it and save money for a second one? I was thinking of getting two anyway, one that is more casual so I can wear it for kindergarten trips and such.

Edited by Finn.
added links because the pictures didn't work
1 person likes this

@Finn. Since you do actually like the second coat and it fits well, you might as well keep it. It's nice that you could get both jackets at 50% off. Great deal! Maybe you might be able to find another one you like even better later on.

1 person likes this

I showed it to my best friend and she loved the jackets as well! So yeah I'm going to keep them, there's still enough time to look for another one.

1 person likes this

On 25/5/2017 at 7:25 AM, rivkael said:

does anyone else like to watch their shadow? I've found myself doing it a lot in the last few days.

What I've noticed is that when I'm able to present a more androgynous or (I wish!) masculine silhouette it lessens my dysphoria, especially if I'm around other people.

I went a step farther and bought a black zentai suit. Now I am the shadow! 

(°▽°)

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, I did bought it and I use it with my binder and voilá, not gender at all. Also I like that it looks kind of artistic too. Of course is silly and I use it only when no one is around (~_~;)

Normally I'm ok with just binding and looking as androgyn as I can until I open my mouth and the fantasy fades away.

2 people like this

I will continue ranting so excuse me.

i hate my real name. Is the most sweet, girly, stereotypical name you could ever find. It's even used as a joke for the stereotypical sweet dumb secretary, or the rich bratty girl. I wish I could rip it apart into tiny little pieces!!!

latest?cb=20151212023034&path-prefix=es

4b979e9cdee9885a045416f82b222e57

I haven't found a name that could suit me in Spanish... all the neutral gender names sound really foreign with my surnames... or they end up being classified like a girl or boy name because people don't really have the concept of neutral... I like the names I create for fantasy purposes but I don't think people will accept them. They will make fun of me... I hate that my language is so gendered... 

1 person likes this