How many aces do/don't have libido?

Does anyone know the percent of aces who don't experience sexual desire? Are they in the majority or minority?

I suggest you to make a poll. So you can see how many people of our community (at least the ones who use the AVEN) are/n't.

I agree with Nymra, a poll would be the best way to collect this information.

With a poll, I'd suggest including options for a variable libido (high/frequent, medium, low/uncommon; or at least a "yes" and a "rarely") and those who are unsure how to qualify what they may or may not experience.

I agree with everyone else. A poll would be great. That said, I do not have a libido. Though, I heard that most aces do have one or somewhat lower. Then again, that's just what I have seen the most. Again, a poll would be great.

Lost247365

Have a libido, but wish I didn't.

I think the last year's census reported that approximately 20% of aces are non-libidoists, while the rest had a libido varying from a low to a very high one. The results are on top of page 9, hope this helped.

I approach mine more like a dessert I have only rarely. "Hmmm, I'm feeling relaxed. Would that be good right now? Yeah, probably so." If there were a poll I'm not sure how I'd classify since it seems mostly idle unless I decide to engage it.

LeftyGreenMario

I don't even know what a libido is. What does it feel like? Wait, vanilla ice cream and chocolate boosts libido? But they're tasty!

I'd have to say no libido.

allrightalready

i have one and find it incredibly annoying

whocaresthough

Probably a one on a number line from 0 to 100. I hate all that I have.

I'm not sure if I have a libido to be honest.

It's not usual that I just randomly feel like masturbating, there's usually some kind of specific trigger (relating to my....fetish) that makes me want to masturbate.

Because of that I can go weeks without masturbating and then suddenly masturbate twice in the one day. It just depends on how much "fuel" I'm discovering or sometimes remembering, although I get bored of old content a lot quicker than I used to.....

I don't even know what a libido is. What does it feel like? Wait, vanilla ice cream and chocolate boosts libido? But they're tasty!

I'd have to say no libido.

^ Yup. Libido? What's that? No seriously. What is it..

It would be interesting to see how many do/don't have one, though.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/118371-a-new-thread-for-non-libidoist-asexuals/

^ This isn't a poll, but it's the thread for non-libidoist aces! So you can read other people's experiences that identify as non-libidoist and also compare to yourself if you're wondering. : ) There are discussions for what defines a libido (I tried to explain it in car terms on the second page lol). So yeah, anyhoo, if there isn't a poll already in the Census section, that could certainly be created!

I approach mine more like a dessert I have only rarely. "Hmmm, I'm feeling relaxed. Would that be good right now? Yeah, probably so." If there were a poll I'm not sure how I'd classify since it seems mostly idle unless I decide to engage it.

Pfft you only have dessert rarely? :P

:cake:

I have a very annoying and portent libido but no sexual attraction to anything. I really some days do not even know how to handle it and wish it did not exist.