Remaking the Kinsey Spectrum (5 dimensions?)

wmac131

Hey everyone,

Question, who thinks the Kinsey scale is sufficient? Personally, I think we should involve level of sexuality (obviously), sex, gender, and romanticism.

I made a 5d version in my video here, I want to know if people think this is a good idea.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

I while back I tinkered around with this idea and drew up my own chart. I agree, that these things come in degrees on a spectrum and that you can fall anywhere.

Charlie777

I feel there should be two separate spectrums, one for men and one for women. The spectrum for men might have asexuals on one side and straights on the other side with gays in the middle, based on the amount of androgens they get while developing in the womb. The spectrum for women might have asexuals on one side and lesbians on the other with straight women in the middle. I'm not sure if this is scientifically correct and it probably could be improved on. The second dimension would be based on the amount of libido. Of course this doesn't cover romanticism.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

I disagree. I think that separating by gender is unnecessary and your idea seems to reinforce the gender binary. Also, you are forgetting bisexuals, polysexuals and pansexuals.

gayasanaro

Where can I take this test?

Archived