Asexual aromantic identical twin here

LeftyGreenMario

LeftyGreenMario

Hey, I've just posted my long welcome at the other thread, but here I am, a new member and all.

I hope being here answers some questions regarding my asexuality. I used to "go with the flow" before I found a more apt description for my asexuality (I find both boys and girls yucky in high school because they're either immature or shallow and don't talk about Mario ;) ).

No, I'm not the type that has weird feelings for a video game character. I view Mario as a really close friend and a toy to snuggle with. I don't make a lot of friends after all... :redface:

I wonder if my close relationship with my identical twin sister influenced on my sexuality, along with ADHD developmental delays, intense interest in Mario video games, incredible shyness and awkwardness, lack of people to relate to during the school years, and my parents' attitude toward each other (at best, they tolerate each other). No, I'm not saying I chose it or I was abused or anything, since these factors are impossible to control anyway! I'm just wondering if they play any role...

Well, anyway, I hope to be part of this community! I hope I'll enjoy my stay here! :lol: I also like cake a lot!

20110420230252%21TheEnd.png

Why, hello there! Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

I understand shyness and awkwardness. One time someone asked me if I thought my lack of sexual attraction was caused by my social anxiety, and I came to the answer that they might interact without one necessarily being the source of the other. I am also a big fan of Super Mario! Do you have a favorite game, level, or moment?

Actually, I relate to almost all of the points you mentioned, except that I don't have a twin, or ADHD as far as I am aware.

Oh, and here's something I've been thinking about that you might possibly relate to: even before I knew what asexuality was, I almost always imagined that my favorite video game characters were asexual. (I mean, why wouldn't they be, right!?) Mario? Yes. Link? Definitely. Pikmin? Well, duh!

I guess it's a pretty easy headcanon to get away with for family-friendly series, but as long as there is not definitive proof to the contrary, it seems to be the conclusion my mind jumps to regardless of the game's rating. Not that I play many "Mature" games anyway...

Well, I hope you like it on here. I definitely do! I certainly don't see everything that goes on in the Forums, but AVEN is literally the friendliest website that I've ever come across.

P.S. Thanks for being the first person I've met on here to also have a Nintendo character in their profile picture! ^_^

LeftyGreenMario

Hey, MrMaxwell! Glad you responded!

I think I had this question before, but I believe that can't quite be right because my mom is the epitome of awkward, yet she has had crushes before. I haven't felt any sort of attraction. I believe my shyness also helped me form negative impressions on high school kids when I was a high school kid myself. If you know anyone who looks cold and distant and mean, but is actually tremendously shy and self-conscious, then I'm someone like that.

I like a lot of games, actually! I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. games, Mario Kart, Mario Party (except for 9, DS, and 10), and various Mario sports games. It really depends on my mood, but I often turn to multiplayer titles because I do have a twin. And for you, do you like Pikmin?

Oh, hey, I live in California, too. In SoCal, actually...

I didn't imagine they were asexual because that concept never applied. Once I understood it, though, I'm like, "Ugh, Mario can't be asexual, he has feelings toward Princess Peach". But with a better understanding, I believe ALL characters from family-friendly series are asexual. It's their romanticism that's different. My headcannon is that Mario likes Princess Peach because of the cake, but he also finds Peach attractive. But those hearts? It's the thought of cake.

I don't play many Mature games, and I'd rather play the violent ones before the sex ones, if it has to be one or the other.

P.S. You're welcome! I believe someone else has a Flareon? :D

Hi again LeftyGreenMario,

I think I can relate to what you mean about shyness in high school, and having a negative impression of one's peers when they act in an overtly sexual or otherwise inappropriate manner. For a long time I was dreading the arrival of my own sexual feelings, but now it's to the point that if they were going to surface, I think they probably would have by now. That still might change, but I hope not.

It seemed like most other students treated me a bit differently in high school than they did each other. I think they noticed my shyness and treated me as though I was special, though not in a good or bad way. I wasn't super close with most of my peers, but I also was never picked on despite probably being a bit odd.

Also, I believe I saw the traits you've used to describe yourself in others during high school. I wish I had had the courage to say hello to them at the time, the way some people occasionally would do for me.

Yes, Pikmin is probably my favorite video game series, for a variety of reasons. I love exploring the Distant Planet, or PNF-404, through the perspective of an outsider. Also, finding real-world objects and environments and interacting with them on such a small scale is very interesting for me. And I quite like the music, the real-time strategy and multitasking elements, not to mention the pikmin themselves. I've completed each of the three games multiple times, each with zero pikmin deaths at least once.

However, I also really enjoy Mario, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, and The Legend of Zelda games, and have enjoyed what I've played of Splatoon so far. The overall feeling of positivity in Nintendo games, particularly Mario games, makes them more fun for me.

And I may not have a twin, but my younger brother (eight years younger) and I love to play games together!

I live closer to Sacramento, but that's cool that we're in the same state!

When I said I saw those characters as asexual, I didn't think quite along the lines of an orientation, I guess. In the case of Mario and Peach, I would think that they were very important to each other. Maybe "more than friends," but why the heck would they do anything sexual? That would just be awkward and uncomfortable! He's saving her because she is special to him and because it's the right thing to do. After all, he does the same for Luigi sometimes, as well as the Sprixies in Super Mario 3D World.

The only games rated Mature that I can think of that I played to completion were from Telltale Games, particularly The Walking Dead Game, Seasons 1 and 2. I also have a slightly higher tolerance for violence than sexual content, but in both cases it cannot be gratuitous; if it isn't significant to furthering the plot that I'm already invested in, I don't want to see it.

*Possible Walking Dead Game: Seasons One and Two Spoilers*

Thankfully, Lee Everett does not have a sexual relationship in the first season, and in the second season the player takes on the role of Clementine, who is still very young and has no known sexual inclinations up to now.

*End Spoilers*

By the way, if anyone who reads this knows how to hide spoilers on AVEN, I would appreciate the help because I haven't figured it out.

And, thanks for pointing out Jade Cross's profile picture! Come to think of it, I very likely could have missed many Pokemon references and pictures on AVEN since I'm not super familiar with that series. I hadn't thought of that. :mellow:

LeftyGreenMario

As I said, I'm very ignorant on sexuality. I think I remember being nervous if I will ever come across the time where I actually am interested in boyfriends and relationships and I eventually lose interest in Mario, but look where I am! Happy and still a Nintendo fanatic! As for the students in school, I mostly ignored them. A few boys tried to say "hi" to me, but I just ignored them because I feel like they're just fooling with me or getting my attention. I think I'm a plain-looking person, although I was said to be "cute" or "pretty" by teachers, boys, and even some girls. I'm only 5'1'' and I weigh 90-100 lbs, a consequence of being a twin. It's a petite stature, but I'm not fat at least, and I mock magazines and other depiction that disparage girl body image. So, I thought the lack of interest was due to my timidity, my low voice, and my small stature.

If you said hello to me, I probably would have difficulty responding! I would also think you're just going to mess with me. You might be even scared of me, or you think I'm a hot-tempered, scornful, and generally unpleasant girl. I've been told by my English teacher that I am scornful, easily annoyed, and snarky, but I'm actually the sweetest person if you know me better. It's highly flattering (I like my English teacher a lot too), but it doesn't help that I'm shy. :redface:

I never played Pikmin, sadly, although I do own a copy of Pikmin 3 on my Wii U, thanks to the Mario Kart 8 promotion. Haven't touched it, though! It was my sister's idea to get it. I do like Nintendo games in general. I even played me some Bayonetta, lol. I try looking past the camera shots. It's really hard, though! My favorite games are still the Mario games.

As for that sexual thing, you're right, it's incredibly creepy and alien. My headcannon would be, "Me? Mario has never heard of that concept! But nothing can beat cake, for sure! Wahoo!" Mario saves Peach because he's a very nice person. He genuinely cares for Peach, and he even thinks she's pretty, but what's making him go nuts is the thought of cake!

Not a fan of violence either, so I can relate to your part on that. Still better than sex though. If I want to play a creepy game, I'll just play Hotel Mario. ;)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! This is a great place to learn more about asexuality and how it applies to you. I think you'll enjoy posting around and making some new friends on the site (it seems like you're already doing just that). I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this amazing community!!! :)

Z38DhfH.jpg?1

CosineTheCat

Hello and Welcome to AVEN!

This is a wonderful site full of amazing people and I’m glad that you’ve become a part of it, and thank you for sharing your story, I know it’s not always easy thing to do. Be sure to browse around and check out all the different areas. I’m sure you’ll find something that interests you!

Welcome Again!

I enjoyed the Mario RPG games, like Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, etc. It was easy to connect with his character because it wasn't particularly sexual (or overly masculine either).

I carried around this huge 16" Pikachu with me many years back. It was big and great to hug.

pZObL0Y.jpg

Hello and welcome to AVEN! Would you like some cake? :cake: :cake:

We do not know why people are asexual, it's just the way we are. I hope that this site c n help you to understand asexuality more and that ti make plenty of new friends (you seem to be good on that one already :) )

LeftyGreenMario

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I hope I enjoy the stay here. ^_^

Archived