Asexual community flag?

Plus

I have an LGBT blog (homoposts.com) and I want to feature a weekly post about asexuality, this is not promo for my blog- I just want to do the right thing by the asexual community.

I want to embody asexuals aromantics and anywhere in between on the spectrum. Is their a flag that embodies all of you guys? Should I use the regular asexual flag... or like what?

For the sexual orientation, Asexuals use this flag:

Asexual.png

For the romantic orientation, that corresponds with asexuality, Aromantics use this flag:

(This is the first proposed flag and is not as uniformly 'accepted' as the Asexual flag)

Tumblr_inline_nelzuzwZam1s9h54v.jpg

I can't wait to see the post on your blog :)

One moment please :o

For the romantic orientation, that corresponds with asexuality, Aromantics use this flag:

No asexual posts have been posted, should I do a half asexual flag half aromantic flag, will that embody the entire community?

Randomchaos

One moment please :o

No asexual posts have been posted, should I do a half asexual flag half aromantic flag, will that embody the entire community?

I think that would be pretty cool :D

*SNIP*

Regarding sexuality, the flag represents the entire spectrum.

The black stripe symbolizes Asexuality

The grey stripe symbolizes Grey-Asexuals and Demisexuals (On the spectrum but not quite asexual)

The white stripe symbolizes standard sexualities (Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, etc)

The purple symbolizes community, which encompasses all the others, Asexuals, those on the spectrum and asexual allies alike.

As for the aromantic flag, I'm not certain of the breakdown of the stripes as there is currently no agreed-upon description for it (In addition to no-agreed upon flag, this is one of three currently in use but byfar the most common).

EDIT: Here is one breakdown I found while doing a google search you may find benefit in, however this is the second of the three flags for Aromantic individuals. This one replaces white with a mustard yellow.

tumblr_n0lz3nZwzA1rosnwgo2_400.png

A split of half asexuality flag and half aromantic flag would be a brilliant idea!

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I've seen this used before too :)

IMG_1774-8530.jpg?rect=0,0,1920,1920&q=9

So like, this is what I think I am going to go with... is this politically correct enough because I really really want to include the community and not exclude anybody.image.png

**UPDATE**

I made a revision so is this good?

image.png

ObsessedWithAnime

hmm maybe if you posted the color breakdowns in the description? I think that would be good!

Moved from Q&A to Visibility and Education Projects

Splatacus

Asexual Musings and Rantings Co-Moderator

Lost247365

Since we go by the term "Aces" we also have playing cards for the different types of sexuals.

Aromantics: Romantics: Demi-/Gray-romantics: Questioning:

aceofspades_small_zpslpr1xdr6.pngAce_small_zpsbiuz7nk0.pngaceofdiamonds_small_zpsvox8d67t.pngaceofclubs_small_zpsny3vd73o.png

Found these on this site:
http://smallestgrackle.tumblr.com/post/109138397959/so-my-ace-aro-friends-often-use-the-ace-of

They also have cards based on other flags like the demisexual flag:

demisexuals_zpsepdz1uqh.png

Yes, I think what you've got there would be fine. I think the best thing to do is try to make a color code underneath your flag, though (because so many words inside of it might get cluttered . . . but that might just be me haha).

I didn't know where to put this, so I thought I'd share this here, since this seems to be the collective works of the members ideas on flags/etc. Here's my submission for Demi-Gray. Hope you like!

8M5eAQn.png

X4797nN.png

Archived