Facebook "Celebrate Ace Pride" Profile Picture

dio

I noticed all of the fancy rainbow profile layers going up on facebook and couldn't help but feel left out for some reason. Bummed. Then I saw that one of my friends had a transgender flag layered into their profile picture. I asked if he has come across an asexual version. He said it was from a trans group that he joined on there, not yet, but he would let me know if he does.. so my question is... Does anyone know of a link to convert the Ace communities facebook profile photos magically into Ace pride colored faces? Or does anyone who works for Aven know how to write code so that we can join in with our awesome Ace Pride? I personally think that this would do wonders for our visibility. To see ace colors popping up everywhere. I love our pride flag colors ! :cake: :)

I did see one that was Ace and it did appear to be the overlay that was in the style that facebook is offering.

One of my facebook friends did an ace overlay for me. If you want they would probably be willing to do other pictures for me.

I don't believe there is anything that offers automatic overlay link thingy. The rainbow overlay is created by Facebook and I guess have the programs to do it. You can always get someone to edit your photo for you. Though I personally wouldn't think this would be an appropriate time to try and overshadow the whole rainbow fad with the ace flag. They are trying to celebrate the whole marriage equality thing.

I think maybe an individual overlay might still be nice. I really like seeing facebook lit up with pride like this, especially when I saw some variations. I understand that this historic moment is their's to soak in, and is more important than any short lived gimmick party favor that is available on facebook. I would hope that this fad brings our friends and loved ones closer together :cake: :cake: :cake: :)

chuckylover911

2ii7sir.jpg

It's actually really simple to create. What I did was add an effect to make the original image black & white. Then I overlayed the image with the ace flag, and adjusted the transparency. And that's it.

I like to use this really simple online photo editing site: http://pixlr.com/express/

That asexual guy

I made one for me for this site using the link provided above. I also think I will use it during Asexual Awareness Week on my social media.

I made one with lunapic.com. This is seriously important for all with pride. I'm sure some of my family and friends have seen my pride colors by now and at best have gone and became educated on the subject.This is an especially important time for all pride and allies to get together on. This is a super good time to make yourself visible and be proud! People who know that I am Ace including my gay friends are asking more questions at this time and getting to know Ace's better and that we are not straight. There are so many people that accept you then forget you. The world over see's Asexuality as a made up thing. Despite some of the hardships, it's good to keep a clear focused mind. At the store today with all of the usual attention I get and how I see an x-ray of a sex controlled world I was a little ticked at some attention I didn't want but I told myself "Not everybody is asexual. They are not at fault. Always see both sides and be aware of the void in between that means to separate one another." I'm not always put off by allosexuals being attracted to me, I'm just not as responsive and when I do, I do and it usually fades quick. We have our own place. That is what having pride is all about. It's about knowing yourself, It's about loving yourself, and it's about community, and I have to say that AVEN is one badass community !!! :) :cake: -Dio

Hey I just found this app from the google play store called transparent frames.

I took an image of the ace flag and overlayed one of my photos on top, really easy to use.

I highly recommend downloading it!

WünderBâhr

Moved to the Visibility and Education Projects forum.

Bipolar Bear

Asexual Q&A Mod

I was juuuust thinking that! We really must do it on ace awareness week! *.*

I was juuuust thinking that! We really must do it on ace awareness week! *.*

Absolutely! I totally agree!

• 4 weeks later...
stanthebluefish

I wish "asexual awareness week" was actually a celebrated thing, like gay pride yeno, i just want to like MEET another asexual let alone have a whole celebration with them!

Archived