Am I asexual?

Daniel d best

Ok, so let me say that I am male and 16, sorry for certain words you'll read btw. Ok, so I rarely feel sexual attraction, but when I do, it becomes a bit more frequent and then it becomes rarely again. I only feel sexual attraction towards boys, this is rare btw, I search on google "hot naked guys" to see how long I'll take to get hard and most of the time, I don't. I spend minutes looking at pics, and I don't even think about having sex with them during those minutes. When I mast urbate, I usually think of funny scenes when guys lose their bathing suits in the pool, and after about half an hour I most of the time, ejac ulate. So I would say I might be gay. Let me say, growing up I watched cartoons and many of them had a male character ending up naked so I kinda learned that guys are ok to be nude and girls not, so thats why I might be more comfy watching guys than girls nude. Seeing girls nude to me seems kinda weird but seeing guys nude is not, since I'm a guy and I know what he has. I'd probably stare at his parts for a few secs. I still wouldn't think about sex though, it doesn't come to my mind. Does this make me gay?

:mellow:

binary suns

if your response to sexual content is an attempt to analyze it, that sounds like asexuality.

maybe you are grey.... not really asexual, but not quite sexual either. it's a grey area basically xD

anyway tho, your orientation is about attraction. are you attracted to boys sexual, girls, both, or neither?

Daniel d best

anyway tho, your orientation is about attraction. are you attracted to boys sexual, girls, both, or neither?

Boys, but rarely

binary suns

so you are like grey-asexual.

research it up and ask around. in the end you know your experience best, so with knowledge you're the best judge of who you are.

Daniel d best

research it up and ask around. in the end you know your experience best, so with knowledge you're the best judge of who you are.

so I can say I am between homosexual and asexual?

Daniel d best

and also, If I have a girlfriend/boyfriend, would just saying I am asexual be enough because here, I think no one has heard of asexual because I tried coming out to four friends and I needed to explain everything

Daniel d best

sounds accurate, yup

and also, If I have a girlfriend/boyfriend, would just saying I am asexual be enough because here, I think no one has heard of asexual because I tried coming out to four friends and I needed to explain everything? because if i go to the types of asexual, I would confuse them

binary suns

it's probably fine. in the long run if you and your partner stick together long enough, you'll have plenty of time to fully discuss anything. but in the short run, often the concise explanation is best.

and anyway orientation labels are only an abstraction in the end. what they encompass is a wide range of experiences, and any person has individual experiences that often vary from the normal. (there is actually a statistical study, that says people being normal is very very unlikely... we are normal in some ways but considering all our attributes, we vary so much that the concept of normal is a falacy.)

Daniel d best

it's probably fine. in the long run if you and your partner stick together long enough, you'll have plenty of time to fully discuss anything. but in the short run, often the concise explanation is best.

and anyway orientation labels are only an abstraction in the end. what they encompass is a wide range of experiences, and any person has individual experiences that often vary from the normal. (there is actually a statistical study, that says people being normal is very very unlikely... we are normal in some ways but considering all our attributes, we vary so much that the concept of normal is a falacy.)

thanks, but I rather stick with just asexual, than confuse things. perhaps its for the best