Black rings

Amy Ghost

Do you wear a black ring? Would you like to put it here for others to see?

5d0d8d82386d9c41aaf6a8b599bf1d52.jpg

This one is mine. Had a blank one before but it was too big. Not I finally have the right size and one for my nerdyness ^-^ I realyl like the Lord of the Rings. So I feel like, my precious :P

But for some reason it doesn't make me invisible :O

Would my Class ring work? It is mostly silver but it has a fair amount of black on each side (my first and last names as well as my two zodiac signs) and has a red gem on top.

Eitherway, we wear it on the middle finger of the left hand for romantics and the right hand for aromantics right?

ring_zpsmwiodmhu.jpg

Would my Class ring work? It is mostly silver but it has a fair amount of black on each side (my first and last names as well as my two zodiac signs) and has a red gem on top.

Eitherway, we wear it on the middle finger of the left hand for romantics and the right hand for aromantics right?

ring_zpsmwiodmhu.jpg

Well, I can barely be a judge, but people use many things. And I have to say, it looks awesome! Very classy :D

Thanks!

I love your LotR ring. Those are my absolute favorite books and I am very jelly! :wub:

Thanks!

I love your LotR ring. Those are my absolute favorite books and I am very jelly! :wub:

Aww thank you :)

Personally I like the Hobbit more. The book I mean. And movies TLOTR :D

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/stainless-steel-mens-ring-10/1255038867353

This is my ring, but it looks far nicer in real life than in the picture.

I think it's also nice.

I had to use a fantasy shop to just get one at all. They are rather rare. In a usual shop no chance

And btw, I have one black ring more, it's too big for me. I could meassure it and if someone wanted it perhaps? I kinda don¨t know what to do with it

chuckylover911

i'm too lazy to take pics of my own but here's a photo of a ring similar to mine.

pkringblack.jpg

It's originally a mood ring that I painted black nail polish over. I'm constantly re-applying coats to cover up the chipped paint. It's worth it though.

I actually have 3 rings right now, because I kept losing them/breaking them (hematite is not durable at all). The ones I wear the most are magnetic, so I wear both. And I have one hematite ring that basically acts as a backup.

3wg3gS5.jpg

I really like these way more than any other ring I've had. I bought them at a gem & mineral shop for $1 each and they're really fun and convenient to play with if you have restless hands like I do.

il_570xN.685722616_d1uy.jpg

Here's mine. I bought it off of Etsy. It's Black Nephrite Jade, and it's actually pretty comfortable.

I bought some titanium nonsense off of Amazon. I hope my middle finger is the same ring size as my ring finger, or the sucker's gonna have to go on my right hand.

I wear a tungsten steel black ring. It's very heavy, but also very striking. It catches the light very well; most people notice it.

Tungsten is very strong and does not bend, so if the ring gets stuck, it has to be shattered in a vice.

ring_zpsucmkae9d.jpg

This is my ring. It's a bit too big but I haven't found one that I liked more yet. It's pretty cool because there are a lot of hidden colours in there like pink, green and blue.

DigitalBookDust

See my profile pic! :)

Calamity Jim

Photo%20on%202015-04-19%20at%201.37%20PM

This is mine

This is mine

No offence, but if I saw this on the middle finger of someone's right hand, I wouldn't recognise it as an ace ring.

Here's mine. I bought it off of Etsy. It's Black Nephrite Jade, and it's actually pretty comfortable.

Nephrite Jade. That's pretty cool :O

Charcoal face paint

mine is just a normal ring covered in black nail polish because I can't find a good one in shops and don't trust getting the right size online.

Calamity Jim

This is mine

No offence, but if I saw this on the middle finger of someone's right hand, I wouldn't recognise it as an ace ring.

That's kinda elitist. :(

TheLeafBunny

I have two that I got recently, but I'm on mobile so I can't post pics. One is made with little hematite beads on an elastic band with a purple bead in the center - not 100% black so might not be recognized as an ace ring by some definitions, but meh. I wear this one for most casual situations. My other one is for more formal situations, partially because it looks better for that kind of thing and also because it's cheap so I can't wear it all the time lest the paint were to wear off. It has a rhinestone or cz or some kind of white gem or pseudo gem at the center in a heart shape - probably a bit more recognizable because the main color is still black, and as a romantic ace the heart shaped center works for me.

This is mine

I wouldn't necessarily say that's elitist. He's just saying that he would not personally recognize it as an ace ring. I think your ring is very pretty, but I'm not sure if I would pick up on it either, since I know lots of people who wear rings with black stones. Though, it's not like asexual people are the only people who wear rings with black bands either. :P

I bought one that was a plain black band for when I'm doing everyday things or meeting up with my local ace group, and I bought another one with amethyst and black rhodium because I liked it, and, even if it doesn't make other people think of asexuality, some days I'm the only person who I care about knowing what my ring means (plus it's sparkly).

Here are mine.

(I don't wear them together, but I only wanted to take one photo.)

Death-G-Reaper

I have two, both of which I made myself (shown on my left hand because it's easier to take a clear photo with my right. I usually wear it one my right).

il_570xN.669226402_k1ef.jpg

il_570xN.746473898_kc6p.jpg

There was a faux hematite finish on them, but that wore off over time and now they're just black glass. (kinda old photos of them)

Death-G-Reaper

This is mine

I wouldn't necessarily say that's elitist. He's just saying that he would not personally recognize it as an ace ring. I think your ring is very pretty, but I'm not sure if I would pick up on it either, since I know lots of people who wear rings with black stones. Though, it's not like asexual people are the only people who wear rings with black bands either. :P

I bought one that was a plain black band for when I'm doing everyday things or meeting up with my local ace group, and I bought another one with amethyst and black rhodium because I liked it, and, even if it doesn't make other people think of asexuality, some days I'm the only person who I care about knowing what my ring means (plus it's sparkly).

Here are mine.

Those look nice, with the two rings together you have all the flag colors!

Death-G-Reaper

That one's super pretty!

snip

This is mine

How is it elitist behavior when I state observed ambiguity in a symbol?

Here are mine.

Those look nice, with the two rings together you have all the flag colors!

Thanks. Haha, I never thought of it that way. I probably wouldn't wear them together though.

Calamity Jim

This is mine

Here are mine.

I really dig the amethyst and black rhodium.

I'm a bit touchy about my ring because I can't wear most materials available in black. I'm pretty arthritic in my hands, so things like tungsten and hematite are too heavy, and stainless steel and cobalt can't be cut off which poses a serious risk with how much swelling I can deal with in a flare up, plus the weird swoosh in my band gives me enough wiggle room to get my ring off when my hands do start to swell. Black rhodium isn't much of a thing where I live, so once the rhodium wore off I'd still have a silver ring and wouldn't be able to get it re-done.

I figured just going for a black stone was basically my only option.

And it still stings to hear that my ace ring isn't ace enough for people to notice, partly because it rubs in that I can't wear the same type of rings as many of you because of a health condition. It feels a lot like being disqualified because I have a digimon instead of a pokemon. :unsure:

Archived