? i thought i was a romantic but im starting to think im aromantic ?

davidllouis

davidllouis

ive dated like 2 people but i dont think ive actually had romantic feelings for them but like(?) i thought i did at the time and up until i discovered that platonic feelings were a thing.

ive known since the day i found out about asexuality that im ace. like that didnt bother me- (pre that i just assumed id be attracted to people sexually when i got older) but like, it kind of bothers me a little that i might be aro-ace. cause really, just knowing im ace worries me enough that i wont be able to hold a substantial relationship because i cant feel that for them. like i like the idea of relationships in theory, closeness thats more than high fives and brofists.

i mean, it makes sense as to why i cant tell whether i feel platonically or romantically towards people if all i actually feel is platonic and im trying to read it as romantic.

bluh, sorry, ive looped really badly here.

ok.

--> if ive only ever /for sure/ had platonic feelings for people ive tried to feel romatic for, does that make me aro or is there something else that fits better?

--->[i once 'dated' a person for a year-ish but it was only pretend dating- like we did dating stuff, but weren't offically dating or in an official relationship][we started actual dating but it crashed and burned because i was still the same as fake dating while they were throwing i love yous around like nobodies business][??][this probably serves no relevance]

Elluna Hellen

You don't have to be forever alone even if you do turn out to be aro ace, cause queerplatonic relationships are a thing :). You should look into that if you want to ^^

What do you mean by 'trying' to feel romantically about people?

Crowfather

Welcome to AVEN!

Look into the term Cupioromantic; wanting a romantic relationship but not having romantic feelings.

Archived