Sexy is sexual attraction?

I know the topic title is not very good but I didn't know other way to word it. The thing is, that I've realize that i can tell what is "sexy" or not. For example I see a photoshoot of a good looking actor without shirt and in a insinuating pose, I'd say that's sexy, or if I saw photo of girl with tights and a corset in a kind of leaning forward pose of something, I would call that sexy. And realizing that that's sexy could make me feel something not dizzy, but something down there that i don't have any idea of what actually is (and if it can lead to some sort of fantasy it never involves the person, and neither myself), but it's not really with the person because afterwards I see the same actor/actress/model in other context and i just don't feel anything down there, i just say "hey, look, she/he's beautiful" or i like her hair, or his beard makes him look interesting... and that's all.

What do you think about this?

Guest Sheka4

I think the word sexy takes on a different meaning and a different context depending on the situation. Sexy can be merely used to describe something that is aesthetically or physically pleasing to the viewers eyes, but it can also take on the connotation of being something that is physically arousing as well. It just really depends on the person and what they're willing to define sexy as.

colorfulgirl

I guess there is a difference between calling someone 'sexy' and saying that you're sexually attracted to someone.

'Sexy' is definitely not the most common word that I use but when I label someone 'sexy' it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm physically aroused by that person. However, it also depends on the context, who is saying that and why. I feel like nowadays many people overuse the sex-related vocabulary.

To me, "sexy" implies that the person is going to be found sexually attractive to someone, but not necessarily to the person giving the compliment. It could mean a person finds something sexy on a personal level and finding something sexy could involve arousal. Neither of those are must-haves to use to the word sexy though.

Say my mom buys a new pair of jeans that show off her legs. I tell her she looks sexy. Obviously, I'm not attracted to her, but I'm telling her she's attractive in the broad sense.

In other contexts, a person might tell their signifiant other they are sexy but not be aroused at that moment, but the context would be such that they still would be saying that they find the signifiant other sexually attractive.

binary suns

if something seems sexual to me and is also aesthetically pleasing, I usually call it sexy. I would even say that I find it sexy, but like, it's because it's my oppinion that it's aesthetically appeasing and sexual content, if that makes sense? like if someone strikes a sexy pose, or whatever. when someone strikes a pose in general, some are more aesthetic than others, like maybe they look very natural or there is something about it that is striking.

like, TMI examples ahead xD if someone lays back and spreads their legs, I wouldn't call that sexy because usually it just looks awkward xD but it is a sexual pose. but if someone like puts their hand on their hip and protrudes it forward, because there is visual emphasis on their sexual area it seems sexual to me, (though this isn't true of everyone) and if they pose in a way that is visually appealing, then I'd call that sexy. (well depending on the pose, there are many ways to thrust your hip or groin and look rather odd for it xD)

but like good dancing is all about being very aesthetically "exciting" I guess, that monkey see monkey do sort of thing, y'know? and if someone is dancing in a sexual way, sometimes if there is a right mix of it's sexual tone for me, with it's visual affect for me, I'd call it sexy. but if it's not aesthetic enough I'd be uninterested in it, and if it isn't sexual then I just say it's beautiful dancing, for example.

xD long story short, "sexy" is just "gorgeous in a sexual way" xD

WhenSummersGone

For me I only say sexy or understand sexy when it's about sexual attraction after a strong romantic bond. I've gotten used to the word that people could use it to mean something else though. I usually just say good looking, cute or pretty.

FInding things sexy is not the same thing as AVEN's definition of sexual attraction which is basically a feeling that causes sexual desire with another person.

Saying someone is sexy is not always a implication that you want to do that 'someone'. It can be the admittance to saying that someone has the qualities to be considered very attractive, and sometimes, that implies that those qualities indicates sexual fitness/appeals. I can admit a man may be sexy if I can see why a heterosexual woman would want to engage into sex with him or would find him to be of sexual fantasy quality, but by no means that implies I would do that man in a heartbeat, and as someone who's into chicks at a psuedo-sexual level, not gonna happen.

I call my friends sexy, they're pretty good-looking, but I'm not feeling any romantic/sexual attraction towards them. Sexy goes into the same vocabulary bag as "pretty" or "handsome" to me. The word sexy's just funnier.

I have two cats, and I call the boy-cat "Heeeeey, sexy." Obviously I'm kidding. He's a cat.

When a lady that's a senior citizen or well beyond that age comes in to work to visit us since they've retired, I always tell them "You look hot". I'm kidding.

I wink at as many female co workers as I can to say hi. I'm kidding. i'd NEVER do this with our male coworkers, even the gay ones. Good lord that would not be good. And again, I'm kidding, because I'm not a lesbian.

Sometimes that stuff is just funny because it's absurd for *me* to do it.

That said, i do have strong artistic talent and background and have a strong sense of aesthetic attraction in both sexes. It's even stronger for men because tehre are so few men I'm attracted to. But that's in a "congratulations, you got good genes **thumbsup**" kind of way without it turning to "Heeeey baby".