Hello!

EnomisN

Hello everyone!

I am a 28 man from Italy. It took me many years to try to understand myself, and I am still working on it.
But since I have read experiences from other aces on internet, everything now is pretty clear. I am asexual.

This is a way I look at it: I came up imaging that people works like a radio receiver. That human beings are connected to the rest of the world and living beings through many of different channel. And one of these is the sex channel. Well, it is like I cannot either receive or send any signal trough this channel. The very few times I try to tune on this channel to communicate externally, nothing happens. And so I just pass over. Even if I am aware about the existence of this channel, for me it is a kind of "no signal" ones. I also know that for most of the people this is one of the most important, but I cannot understand why.

I appreciate people esthetically but, after many times of pondering, I understood that I have never felt a real sexual attraction to anyone. It is like I can see the beauty of a device but still not able to make a connection using my sexual channel. I tried to act like most of the people, since in nowadays mainstream it seems obvious that everyone should feel sexual attraction. But since my sex channel doesn't turn on, I received any signal, or was not sending any message.

I feel no frustration for not having sex or sexual attraction toward others. It is hard for me to going through this only due to social judging, and the feeling of being different and marginalized. And that is why I tried to act like others, but I understood it was not my real nature. It is not that I send the wrong message or receive a misinterpreted ones. It is my sex channel just "turned off" .

I'm open to the possibility that I would find someone to live with in a relationship, however being myself.
but first of all I am happy to have found out I am not the only one! and hope to make new like minded friends!

PS: I hope not to have made a lot of errors, I don't know perfectly english language.

Elluna Hellen

Welcome! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Glad you found out you are not alone!

(Your English is fine by the way, perfectly legible :))

Autumn Sunrise

Welcome, Nemo_Sum :cake::cake::cake: I think the way you explain asexuality makes a lot of sense, and your English is fine. I hope you enjoy being a part of the AVEN community, and find some new friends here :)

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

Your radio analogy actually makes a lot of sense to me too. I can connect to any other human channel just fine, but when it comes to sex and romance I'm left out of something that nearly everyone else can hear perfectly. I'm glad that this website was able to help you understand asexuality and the way it interacts with your own identity. Hopefully you will continue to learn from the forums, and you'll enjoy being a part of this community! :)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: First off, your English is great. Really. : ) And I really love your radio analogy as well! I'm glad that you're learning more about yourself and that you joined this awesome community. I hope you love being a member! Best wishes!

cake-cute-nice-strawberry-yummy-Favim.co

I'm glad to see that my radio analogy is well received, and also know that my english is fine :)

Thanks again!

Welcome to AVEN!

There is no need to worry about your English... There are many of us who speak it as a second language, you are not alone :)

tn_Tiramisu.jpg

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Your English is very good; thanks for the awesome intro (especially the radio analogy). I think you'll enjoy posting around and making some new friends on the site. I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this amazing community!!! :)

Z38DhfH.jpg?1

Archived