Bumps on Relationship Road

RileyNoLikey

RileyNoLikey

Hey everyone! First off I would like to say it is a pleasure to be back here (I've been so busy lately that I just did not have the time to even drop by) and I hope everyone is well.

Now to jump into why I am posting this; I'm having potential relationship problems. By potential, I mean I have not brought up any of the following to my partner as off yet, and so it has yet to become a problem. These are things I am going to have to bring up soon, so I am looking for advice.

The first issue is the first that is going to have to be brought up; I'm polyamorous. While I have done nothing to hide this from my current and only partner, I think it is important to bring up even if I do not actively search for another partner at the moment. There may come a time where I want to have a second partner and I don't want to use the 'I'll cross that bridge when I get to it' method.

The second is that my partner of nearly a year came out as ftm trans about three months back. He has not began transitioning yet, but I am worried. Believe me, I love him very, very, very much... but I prefer relationships with women. I am hoping my love for him won't change when he gets the body he has always wanted, but I can't rule that out. I don't want him to feel like I am abandoning him if I don't see myself in a relationship with him after he transitions fully (I would never abandon him; I would always love him and support him, but I just don't know how I will handle being in a relationship with a man).

And the last problem also concerns my partner. As of right now I am working a job and attending school, and he doesn't have a highschool diploma or a GED, a job, or even a drivers license. He wants to be an actor down the road, but as of right now he is doing nothing. I understand he has anxiety (trust me, I do. I also have anxiety and clinical depression so I understand how hard life can be right now), but I cannot support the both of us once we move in together. He is making no strides to get a job or GED and it worrying. Not only that, he is very insistant on us moving together to his home town so he can be near his family... while my goal is to get out of the country as soon as physically possible.

Archived