Sex dreams? is that really a thing? [TMI]

allrightalready

Last dream involving sex that I clearly remember was actually a pretty traumatizing nightmare... :( But I also know that I've had some more pleasant dreams even if I can't exactly remember them.

I have the occational sex dream, but I'm pretty sure the 'sex' is pretty weird, and there is no kissing. Kissing is proper freaky weird (though when I'm awake sex is discusting...).

Anthracite_Impreza

The closest I had was I was laying, fully clothed, in a bed with some random bloke beside me. The bedroom was your traditional romantic, rose-filled rouge suite and even the bed was covered in lace and heart-shaped. This guy asked me to get it on, if you will, and I politely declined, then I woke up. Funny how my manners even seep into a situation like that xD

Slainmonkey

My guess is that my complete lack of any kind of sexuality continues into my subconsciousness because I've never had a sex dream, however with the amount they have been discussed in the media it's my guess it's a common thing with sexuals.

theacelizard

The only thing close that I had to a sex dream didn't really involve sex, just nudity. It wasn't even very sexual and apart from that I've had nothing at all

I just realized that I had one when I was just asleep. The act wasn't part of the dream (thankfully), but there was the aftermath of it occurring (twice I think?!?) and I remember feeling regretful about the choice. It was disturbing and I was glad to wake up and realize that it was a just a dream. This is the second time this has ever happened, and this was definitely worse than the first where it was just a curiosity.

LadyAlnwick

I have makeout dreams sometimes, but have never actually had a sex dream.

Lol, okay, I'll share the closest ones I can recall because it's kind of funny or weird, and I think weird is funny. So one time, we were black-haired camels with weird futuristic neon green stripey patterns all over out bodies, and it was third-person so I may or may not have actually been these camels at all, but regardless, they were having sex at the top of the stairs in my house lol. I remember this because I woke up and went "really? I don't have sex dreams, but THAT happened?"

I also remember one where I was a female having sex with a male (I'm male-bodied in waking life), but it didn't feel.... erotic or sexual or whatever, it was just something that was happening for a few seconds before the dream turned into something else insane like it always does. So I didn't really count that, but I guess it might count.

Other than that, I recall that I've had several dreams where I was going to have sex with a person, but then I would say something like "oh hang on, I've gotta go do laundry real quick," or something, and of course by the time I would have been done with that, the dream had transformed into something else. Or we would just keep putting it off for one reason or another, even if we were right there saying like "hey, let's have sex," we would just... Not do it, for some reason. Even on the occasions where I actually felt like I wanted to do it in the moment, we still would just get distracted or something lol.

But yeah, case in point, no, I don't have sex dreams.

Nudity, however? Very, very common in my dreams. And bizarrely, while I'm super-modest with my body during waking hours, I often walk around barenaked or just in underpants in my dreams - whether it's out in the dream-streets, or back in school, or going shopping, or whatever... and nine times out of ten, I just don't give a shit about it in the dream, it's not embarrassing at all.

That's so weird, that whole paragraph could have come out of my mouth... or been typed from my fingers, I guess. Exact same thing, though in waking life I'm trying to be more comfortable with the idea of people seeing and "judging" my body, because I assume the latter probably actually happens a lot less than what occurs to me, and even if it does, all bodies are beautiful so I'm trying my best to live in that world and make it a reality... haha. But I digress... Yeah, it's weird how I can just suddenly have no clothes in my dream and be walking around in a populated situation where everyone else is wearing clothes, and maybe it MIGHT occur to me "oh man, this is probably weird that I'm naked right now in front of all these people," and maybe half-try and get out of sight, but it's not really a priority. It seems like I'm more worried about potentially offending anyone's sensibilities than actually being embarrassed. Also, no one else in the dream ever seems to care, either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had like... 3 sex dreams during my entire life (I'm 27) but I'm not actually having sex during these dreams, I'm just feeling a lot of pleasure, if you know what I mean.

This is me. I have sex dreams sort of frequently (I often remember my dreams in general, though,so I don't believe I have an abnormally high number of sex dreams), but there's never any actual sex in them. Just lots of sexy feelings, and I tend to awake aroused. It's kind of weird, but I'm used to it by now...

• 2 weeks later...

I've only had one, it was about a guy at my school I barely knew, and it was actually rather violent. Wasn't particularly scary, but decidedly unpleasant.

I Shot the Serif

Once my boyfriend had a dream that I was giving him a blowjob but then we thought someone might walk in on us. :- P #teenagerproblems

I've had like one dream, where I had intercoarse. I do not dream of sex.

But on the other hand, I have been sexually stimulated/have had an orgams in a dream through completly unrelated things. (I have a fetish). None of it was sexual in any way. They seemingly happen at random times.

I had one dream where it was implied I had sex with someone but it was literally like I walked into a room with someone and then a moment later I was somewhere else with our two year old kid? I don't know.

There was actually another dream I had where I was enrolled in some high school class where they taught you how to "properly" have sex. You'd have to go into a cupboard just big enough for you and an assigned partner to do the deed, but as soon as I saw who my partner was I got up and left. :P

The closest thing I've ever had to myself getting physical with someone else was a dream I had where I sort of made out with my celebrity crush... :wub:

scarletlatitude

Never had a sex dream either. I've had dreams about people who I find attractive, but they were never sexual. The whole concept is foreign to me.

TooOldForThis

I've had a few dreams in which I had sex with someone, but I was never aroused when I woke up afterwards, and I don't recall feeling aroused in the dreams either. They were basically the same as any other dreams, except I had sex in them. If I had to pick a word to describe them, it'd be 'boring.'

sex dreams for me are like having nightmares and do trigger ptsd in me, bleauh

I know that they are a real thing, but not to me.

I've only ever had one sex dream, and it was AVEN's fault. :P There was a discussion of sex, what it feels like to different people, and I managed to get involved in a conversation about what it would feel like if you were the opposite sex. My mind decided to satisfy my curiosity that night but has never bothered before or since then. :rolleyes:

I've only had a handful and all of them occurred when I was pms-ing and my body was in complete "we need to get pregnant!!" mode. Of the few I've had, only one of them was actually not somewhat violent so that kinda sucks but at least the unpleasant ones were over quickly. I woke up from all of them feeling really weird and slightly gross though :/

Sex dreams could mean incubuses trying to stop you.

My dreams started after a trauma..

Two men in suits who worked at a nightclub (for real) were seducing me and kept, what is it.. 'calling' you know when your soul goes to wander someplace, it felt dangerous.

I was never sure which man from the two it was, the brunette or blonde...they were the keepers of the gates of, was it hell? I can't remember, it happened years ago. Completely made me think of that drama series HEX, with azazeal and the devil.

Then I started having dreams I was being raped all the time an that was PTSD..demons.

arr !

allrightalready

Sex dreams could mean incubuses trying to stop you.

My dreams started after a trauma..

Two men in suits who worked at a nightclub (for real) were seducing me and kept, what is it.. 'calling' you know when your soul goes to wander someplace, it felt dangerous.

I was never sure which man from the two it was, the brunette or blonde...they were the keepers of the gates of, was it hell? I can't remember, it happened years ago. Completely made me think of that drama series HEX, with azazeal and the devil.

Then I started having dreams I was being raped all the time an that was PTSD..demons.

arr !

after it happened to me i pretty much stopped sleeping (took two years to be able to sleep more than an hour or so)

I vaguely remember maybe two or three erotic dreams that were not even explicitly sexual, and those occurred decades ago. In the distant past, when I still had a significant sex drive, I did not have sex dreams at that point in time either.

.diva plavalaguna.

The closest I have ever had to such a dream was one of my crushes in high school doing it under a low table with some girl I don't think I liked, and I was sitting on top of the table! That was weird lol. Other dreams I also get this implied feeling that a typically very masculine man is going to do something bad to me, but I think that has more to do with my own kinks... ^^; I remember most of my dreams right after waking up. I usually have multiple dreams in a night so I would think I might have caught something like a sex dream, 'cause a lot of my dreams are very...vivid...I guess, so there's no way I'd forget that.

Lord Jade Cross

I wonder if around the teen years any possible sex dreams are just a direct result of the hormonal imbalances.

scarletlatitude

Friendly mod reminder -- If you are going to post something that may be TMI, please say so. There are some aces who may not want to know many details. Even if you are okay with reading it, others may not be. (Yes that can happen even in a thread as obvious as this.) The

tag may be useful as well. Thanks for your consideration. :)

allrightalready

Just wanted to let people who are freaked out by dreams like this know:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/what-do-sex-dreams-really-mean.aspx'

According to this link it's probably not about sex. You might just want a quality or personality trait that person has.

error not found

fish of hearts

Just wanted to let people who are freaked out by dreams like this know:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/what-do-sex-dreams-really-mean.aspx'

According to this link it's probably not about sex. You might just want a quality or personality trait that person has.

error not found

That link has extra characters at the end of the string. Take them off, and the link works fine:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/what-do-sex-dreams-really-mean.aspx

Archived