Genderfluid?

Mr Robot

Can a genderfluid person be demiboy and genderqueer/genderfluid at the same time?

Can genderfluid fluctuate between demiboy, demifluid, demiflux, demigirl, and all?

I currently identify as genderfuid. But whenever I fluctuate from female, male, none, or both, I still feel a tiny bit male in side. The other part I feel female, both male and female, or nothing. Would I be Demiflux or Demifluid?

NewfangledArtist

I say I'm genderfluid because lately I'm sorta like you. Some days I prefer to look and act like a woman. Other days I'd like to be seen as a man. Heck, even when I'm behaving like a woman I still feel very 'tomboy'. Other days I wish I could just be totally agender. So gender fluid is the word I've recently become comfortable using because I feel it describes me and how I mentally shift between genders.

If gender-fluid is a label which makes you comfortable to use and you feel it describes you best, then use it. I don't currently know anything about all the other demi gender labels you've mentioned, though. So I can't give any advice there. But I'd at least say that you also sound genderfluid

Hey there fellow genderfluid person.

The short answer is yes. I know some genderfluid people have larger ranges of fluctuation than others, and it just sounds to me like your range may be that only a part of your gender fluctuates instead of all of your gender. If you kinda fluctuate around demiboy, so that a part of you always feels close to demiboy, but that you still experience fluidity, then it's entirely up to you what label is most useful to you.

If you feel that genderfluid best describes this experience, then perfect. If you feel that demiboy is a better term, then go for it. If you ask my honest opinion, I'll tell you that both those words are approximations anyways, and it sounds like you are a bit of both and/or somewhere in between those two. So feel free to use either or both as you feel comfortable.

If you kinda fluctuate around demiboy, so that a part of you always feels close to demiboy, but that you still experience fluidity, then it's entirely up to you what label is most useful to you.

I'm sort of like this around what I'd consider to be demigirl - fluctuating around it so that I lean agender sometimes and female other times, to the point it can affect my level of comfort with gendering things. But for me, the fluctuations aren't quite large enough that I'd consider myself to be genderfluid, just to have different moods.

Yeah, many genderfluid people have what I've seen called a "base", which is a gender that is always there even when other gendered aspects of yourself flctuate, or it's the one that you spend most of your time in. I hope that made sense.

In your case, it seems you'd have a demiboy or male base.

An example: I sometimes feel more like a femme-leaning agender person, other times like a femme-leaning androgyne, but always femme or similar. This is why I say I have a demigirl or feminine base, because I'm always at least partly feminine and such.

I feel it's easier to explain through examples, so I hope mine helped.

And, lastly, don't get hung up on labels. Don't be like I was...

• 2 weeks later...
daffidill23

I agree with Viridzen on the idea of a base gender. I tend to fluxuate between male, female, and agender, but always have that core agender feeling of my personality. In all honesty though, it depends on the person, and these labels were only invented to help explain ideas and make ourselves more comfortable. Basically, use what ever labels make you the happiest with yourself

Archived