Need help with classifacation clarifacation

infinategrey

I just discovered that asexuality is a thing so I'm new to the group. I'm trying to fill out my profile, but I don't know what I should put in the sexuality field. (This is probably the most akward and embarrassing thing I've ever written)

I'm thinking grey. I deffinately like looking at beautiful girls, so deffinately hetero. I rarely have any desire for sex with anyone at all. Not even my girlfriend whom I have loved whole heartedly for 6 years now. Having said that I do enjoy foreplay semi regularly with her, but the idea with anyone else does nothing at all. I like the idea of sexual situations but the reality just makes me feel dirty, akward, and nervous. After sex I always feel disgusted with my self and feel like the universe is looking at me in dissatisfaction. I do (its akward for me to say this) enjoy handjobs and going down on my girl, but specifically because of the one sidedness of the act. I like the IDEA that it's a selfless act of love.

So where do I stand in the spectrum for my profile?

Elluna Hellen

I don't know. Only you can define your identity, but you definitely do sound like you're somewhere on the ace spectrum. If you think you're grey ace, go with that! :) And welcome :cake:

I too share your "unsureness". I have been doing some reading for my own self exploration and have found demi sexual to be a term I can agree with. Demi sexual just means you can only feel sexual attraction if there is an emotional bond.