Imprinted

Demelza

First, of all, thank you for this wonderful site!

I guess I identify as lithrowhatsits

Apologies, no offense intended, but years ago I think I imprinted. Like a duck or a goose hatching out of its egg, I imprinted on the first person I ever felt anything towards.

It was that person's smell. No one has ever smelled right ever since. I still have that smell in my nose as if it were yesterday. I'm not interested in anyone else, and that person has since left my life years and years ago. I have had some short-lived relationships since, but none lasted.

I have become delighted and accustomed to this life as I am. I am happy to remember.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Sounds like you might be a Demi. I remember forming a crush on a girl in highschool and I can still remember the way she smells. It carries sadness now, because of how badly that went, but I do understand what its like to have that scent stuck in your nose and not being able to get enough of it.

Perhaps if you form a close enough bond with someone else, over time you might discover another person that you get so close to you find their scent attractive.

Also there is some science around how people smell effecting sexual attraction, so maybe give that a look.

Olfactoromantic?? Cool, i wondered if it existed.

(romantic attraction caused by scent; as olfactophilia means scent fetish)

Lithromantic aka Aporomantic means you react to reciprocation negatively or indifferently; more specifically immediately or over time with indifference, loss of interest, or repulsion.

Archived