Absence of secondary attraction?

Is there a word for the absence or near complete absence of secondary sexual attraction? Or are there any ideas why one would fail to experience that?

Hmm. The closest word I can think of is fraysexual, which describes someone who only experiences sexual attraction to people they aren't familiar with and lose interest when they get to know that person. But that specifically refers to someone losing interest when they get closer to someone rather than just not getting more interested. I don't know of a term for that, but the description "does not experience secondary attraction" is valid even if there isn't a single word for it.

As to why someone would not experience secondary sexual attraction... Well, why does anyone experience or not experience any kind of attraction? That's probably just part of who they are.

You mean sexual attraction fading away?

Rising Sun

About secondary attraction in general, I suppose that inability to get attached to anyone might be the cause for some people.

This wouldn't have anything to do with being aromantic would it? Just thought I'd ask :cake:

Lithsexual? Or maybe not, because attraction doesn't fade, but lithsexuals don't want/need it reciprocated. I dunno. If you don't mind me asking, what does your / this person's romantic attraction do? Like, does does romantic attraction increase while sexual decreases? Or do they both decrease simultaneously as you get to know the person?

Archived