Hello everyone :)

Anthracite_Impreza

Anthracite_Impreza

Never really felt the need to join this organisation, but the past few weeks of ace-phobia have made me realise we have a lot of work to do!

I'm an aromantic asexual and have known this since before I even knew either of these two terms existed; only when someone called me asexual as a joke in biology, at age 15/16, did we look it up and realise it was a real thing! I'd never understood all this obsession with inserting body parts into other people, and I still don't. To me the most important things in life are cars, dinosaurs and of course, chocolate ;)

I'm a trainee mechanic and obsessed with cars; I love everything about them, but especially the modified car scene. Imprezas are my favourites, but at this current time I'm owned by a modified Citroen Saxo called Clutch, and have a modified BMW 316 called Blitz lined up too <3 There are very few places I can be open about my cars being my family, and I hope here it would at least be accepted.

As well as vehicles I love nature, animals, biology and palaeontology. I particularly love canines and dinosaurs, especially dromaeosaurs, and magpies and crows are probably my favourite living animals. I have a Border Collie/German Shepherd/Rottweiler cross called Sasha who's about 10 1/2 years old now; she's scruffy, arthritic, has lost a tooth and is full of fatty lumps, but she's happy so I'm happy <3

I enjoy driving, messing about with cars, wandering, inventing stuff, doodling, writing and learning tonnes of information I'll never need to know... and eating chocolate. Did I mention I like chocolate?

I look forward to meeting you all, hopefully I can meet some fellow nerds here! :D

Welcome to AVEN! :D

I'm not sure about chocolate, but we sure have alot of cake! ^_^ :cake::cake:

Anthracite_Impreza

Welcome to AVEN! :D

I'm not sure about chocolate, but we sure have alot of cake! ^_^ :cake::cake:

Cake works, as long as there's plenty of icing :P

*sends ton of chocolate-raspberry cupcakes* No, I'm not trying to make people fat, just happy. :D

Welcome! Hope you'll have a lovely time here. :cake::cake::cake:

Hi and welcome to AVEN! You will definitely meet other people here who have similar thoughts and feelings as you...you might even run across a car lover or two. I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this awesome community!!! :)

P63n2Td.jpg?3

I'm sorry...I had some cake, but as you can see, this kitty ate it.

Anthracite_Impreza

So much cake and kittens! Thank you for all the welcomes!

Lone Ranger

Hi Anthracite_Impreza

Welcome to Aven :)

I love cars too, chocolate even more and Port wine too much ;)

Chocolate and Port goes very well together :D

slice-of-flourless-chocolate-cake2.jpg

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

I have to agree with you that sometimes a lot of acephobia exists in the world, but regardless of what you've heard in real life, everyone is welcome here. I hope that this community is able to hep you in some way and that you enjoy being a member here! :)

PhoenixKiran

A warm welcome to you!

hope you find plenty of car-lover friends here. There will be many more friends too :)

Cakes? :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Enjoy life! Cheers :)

Anthracite_Impreza

@Lone Ranger; That cake looks so nice! :P What's your favourite car? :D

@deltaX; Thank you! It's already helping, I've learnt I'm not the only one who has trouble with understanding euphemisms xD

@PhoenixKiran; I'll have all the cakes, thank you! :D

Lone Ranger

I have always been fascinated by cars, in fact I "sold" my last pacifier for a yellow bus when I was 3 years old :)

And to your question; Since about 5 years old I have been a Ferrari fan, and my absolute favourite car is a 1966 Ferrari 250 LM - I just love the design, it is so beautiful.

1966%20aDaytona%20Ferrari%20250LM%2022%2

Member54880

Welcome! :cake: Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with acephobia over the past few weeks. :( You have a lot of cool interests, and it's easy to find others who share those interests. I also love to learn tones of information that I don't need to know. I know a lot of people who are also passionate about modified cars, and have them!

• 2 weeks later...
Anthracite_Impreza

And to your question; Since about 5 years old I have been a Ferrari fan, and my absolute favourite car is a 1966 Ferrari 250 LM - I just love the design, it is so beautiful.

That's an unusual one, and not one I know much about (not a Ferrari person) unfortunately! Vintage cars are awesome though ;)

Welcome! :cake: Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with acephobia over the past few weeks. :( You have a lot of cool interests, and it's easy to find others who share those interests. I also love to learn tones of information that I don't need to know. I know a lot of people who are also passionate about modified cars, and have them!

Thank you! I look forward to finding fellow ace-tuners; a lot of modified culture is sexualised unfortunately (nearly naked women sprawled on bonnets, like what are you doing?) and I'm just interested in the cars themselves!

Archived