• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Heart

I'm Heart, your friendly neighbourhood admin!

Ricki
1 hour ago, ChillaKilla said:

New mod? New mod? Election?! :ph34r::D

YOU SHOULD DO THE RUNNING FOR THE IT

ChillaKilla
7 hours ago, Ricki said:

YOU SHOULD DO THE RUNNING FOR THE IT

IF IT WILL BE THEN I WILL BELIEVE ME

Santa's Little Elf
4 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

IF IT WILL BE THEN I WILL BELIEVE ME

IF YOU DON'T I'LL COME SQUEAL AT YOUR DOORSTEP :P 

*High five* @Serran good to see you guys taking care of my baby ^_^

Achromatic Kitty

Hey, I got a question for the admins... Would it break ToS if my bro-pal and my Dad were to use the same IP address to make accounts on here?

Ricki
15 minutes ago, Kieran The Kitty said:

Hey, I got a question for the admins... Would it break ToS if my bro-pal and my Dad were to use the same IP address to make accounts on here?

Users can't have more than one at once, but if it is different people having their own separate accounts it is acceptable

Achromatic Kitty

I'm not sure if I should let them on since they MIGHT PO a lot of people with their views...

daveb

Why do they want accounts?

Achromatic Kitty

Dad: Because he wants to understand our thoughts and be proven you're not a bunch of Liberals.

Bro-Pal: To understand why i quote "Hate women"....

Serran
2 hours ago, Kieran The Kitty said:

This one technically should be asked in Site Comments :) But, no, it wouldn't be breaking the rules. Just send a message to an admin so they tag that your IP will be shared with other users, so they don't think you're socking. 

daveb

Maybe you could just give your dad access to a few members in particular... :P

Who hates women, you or your bro-pal? Depending on the answer, my response would also be to give them access to a few members in particular (but different ones depending) :lol:

Achromatic Kitty

Me since I told them i don't do romance at all... But they accept it for now... My bro-pal uses it as a joke but I don't know if that will offend people on here...

Heart

*shrug* My attitude is to let them on. We'll engage with them in good faith, and if they end up being jerks we'll try to let them know and help them be not-jerks. They, like everyone else, have the fundamental right to burn through the disciplinary system and get themselves banned if they so desire, of course. But there are many good AVENites that will try to talk to them and prove we're not just woman/man haters. And though I'm quite liberal, I'm sure there are those around who aren't ;)

Kelly

The Cassini–Huygens spacecraft, launched 20 years ago and orbiting Saturn since 2004, is running out of fuel. It is scheduled for a suicide mission to dive into the planet itself on Friday.

The dive will be live-streamed.

main_900.jpg

Heart
On 9/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, Kelly said:

The Cassini–Huygens spacecraft, launched 20 years ago and orbiting Saturn since 2004, is running out of fuel. It is scheduled for a suicide mission to dive into the planet itself on Friday.

The dive will be live-streamed.

main_900.jpg

I WATCHED THAT AND IT WAS SO EPIC!!!

I mean. I felt an overwhelming amount of emotions, I can't even begin to imagine how the engineers and scientists who worked on it must have felt. A truly beautiful thing.