What does romantic people dream about?

Miav-desu

Miav-desu

Had this question in mu head for too long.

When you (alloromantic) people have a chrush or are in love with someone, then what do you dream about when you think of that person?

Do you dream about marrige and stuff or do you dream about casual thing like talking to them about life or anime, going out to parties and so?

alpacaterpillar

I expect it varies by individual :P

Personally, I mainly fantasise about cuddling, and doing various things together (usually either holiday or everyday activities), and sometimes imagine that they're with me in the present moment, whatever I'm doing. Generally speaking, the fantasies are about physical or emotional intimacy.

Marriage? Sometimes. Talking to them is often involved in fantasies. I'm not fond of anime or parties :P

Member4445

People can't control what they dream about. As an asexual, I still have the occassional sex dream (probably 1 or 2 a year tops), that doesn't stop be being asexual. I also have the occassional romantic dream despite being aromantic.

Dreaming is thought to occur when synapses within the brain randomly fire producing a combination of images, feelings and sounds.

Hooded_Crow

When I think of my partner, I imagine him holding me or us cuddling, or just lying together and talking, looking into each other's eyes.

I also think about the future. Having our own home, cosy. Maybe a child.

:wub:

Miav-desu

Personally, I mainly fantasise about cuddling, and doing various things together (usually either holiday or everyday activities), and sometimes imagine that they're with me in the present moment, whatever I'm doing. Generally speaking, the fantasies are about physical or emotional intimacy.

Marriage? Sometimes. Talking to them is often involved in fantasies. I'm not fond of anime or parties :P

Yeah it was just exemples, if you like cheese you may also talk about that.

What type of things could it be you though about?

Miav-desu

People can't control what they dream about. As an asexual, I still have the occassional sex dream (probably 1 or 2 a year tops), that doesn't stop be being asexual. I also have the occassional romantic dream despite being aromantic.

Dreaming is thought to occur when synapses within the brain randomly fire producing a combination of images, feelings and sounds.

what would be counted as a romantic dream?

The Not So Impossible Girl

I've been having some weird dreams lately that are about the same exact people every night. Usually about 20 people from my main friend group are present, but there are only 2 or 3 people who I always directly interact with in these dreams. Last night I had a dream where one of them gave me a back massage, which is a kind of touching that I've never really allowed anyone to do with me in real life.

Also in this same dream, there was actually also a bit where a polyamorous asexual guy asked me out on some website (maybe AVEN or something else). He already had 2 or 3 other asexual girlfriends and was asking me to join them xD And I basically had to make the choice of whether or not to join their group or stay with my current group. It was a hard choice! On the one hand, I want to be with other asexual people because it's a relief to be around people who aren't constantly talking about sex, but on the other hand I really love my current group. The dream kind of ended before I made a decision though.

Miav-desu

Okay just pointing out. Im not speaking of those dreams you have at night im talking about daydreams

Dreams like that? I most likely wouldn't remember them. Though, when I do it's really nothing more than cuddling and maybe a quick peck kiss, but that's really really rare to begin with. I dream of just talking and bonding... That's really it. And I don't want to get married anyways, so... I don't dream of it. I'm... not the most romantic person since, ya know, quoiromantic is on the aro spectrum. Haha! Yeah... but... it's still there I think. Though, I'm not completely sure if it's just platonic or romantic... grr.

Elluna Hellen

Okay just pointing out. Im not speaking of those dreams you have at night im talking about daydreams

I don't ever romantic day dream, so i wouldn't know :P

alpacaterpillar

Yeah it was just exemples, if you like cheese you may also talk about that.

What type of things could it be you though about?

Examples of things I imagine us doing together? Hmm. Going to the beach, sleeping or going to sleep, riding a boat, dancing the tango (I like tango music, even though I can't dance to it :P), cuddling on the couch under a blanket, stargazing, visiting other countries... the list goes on.

For more everyday stuff, it's usually things like driving/sitting in the car, waiting outside lecture theatres, maybe sitting in a cafe.

Imagining a crush (or imaginary girlfriend) being there makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and happy somehow :D

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

Not sure if I'm romantic or not, but... one time I had a dream that my crush texted me.

And that's happened a billion times in real life so it's no big deal.

I have such a vivid imagination.

CakeIsBetterThanSex

I seriously question whether not I'm aromantic or alloromantic. (so for now i'm sticking with grey-romantic)

I can look at a person and feel absolutely nothing no matter how aesthetically pleasing they are. But I daydream about "dating"(i guess) my favorite celebrities all the time! These fantasies usually include hugging, cuddling, chaste kisses; but other times I just dream about being friends with them, having friendly discussion, just talking and getting to know them better.

And, as an end note, having dreams or thinking about things you view as not lining up with your identity doesn't make you any less valid. ^_^ You are perfectly valid.

Miav-desu

There is alot of different answers.

haha I thought while making this thread that now I could finally figure out if I feel romance because I could compare my thought to the romantics people but seams like its more complex than just so, I am so hopeless......... *sign*

-

I think I am good with making up and dream about romantic scene kinda stuff when its like fictional character. Like.. im a writer/comic-writer so I do have a great imagination and try to get my characters.

for myself thought I feel my dreams are rather typical.

I usunally dream about someone I like coming and visit me after the class. I dream about having an awsome party with a friend or living somewhere far away with someone and making a volunteer christmas eve for the lgbt+ people without famely suport.

usunally I dream about those type of things

Feeling a little odd now.

The only time I've ever had dreams of a romantic nature, they've always been nightmares. Like I'll have gotten into a relationship with someone I have a crush on (in my dream) only to realize that I don't really like them but can't end the relationship for whatever reason and have doomed up both to a painful death because we bought a house together and it's caught on fire. Or one time I talked this girl I liked in my dream (not sure I'd ever actually spoken to her in real life, let alone had feelings for her) into dating me, only to realize as we were cuddling and kissing that we were sisters (I'm an only child in real life) and that I had confused my feelings for her. Then the dog turned into a human and attacked us. There's others, but it's all just different types of nightmares.....I'm getting a little concerened now.

I've had one dream in my entire life that had my boyfriend at the time in it. I was running around with a group of friends in a maze (it was a compition to see which group could get out first) and I ran into him, said hi and kept moving. That's it. That's all the interaction we had.

Sorry, didn't see the "daydreams" post.

Daydreaming: Well, I hate crushes. Hate hate hate hate hate them. So when I get a crush, I avoid thinking about them so I don't feel the crushy feelings (on the verge of heartattack, out of control, panic-y feelings). I daydream like crazy with squishes though. Mainly just conversations, or that they are with me while I'm doing whatever it is that I'm doing at the time, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only had a few crushes since my teen years (I'm not counting childhood crushes), and only one was very significant. And I think the only reason it became significant was because the guy kept coming up to me at first, and seemed friendly, and I wondered if he was interested in me. And I began to think "hey, he's kind of nice". (And he was very aesthetically attractive, too.)

What did I dream about...? Well, mainly I just wanted to get to know the guy better. It felt weird to actually think of doing romantic things with him, because I didn't know if he would want that himself. I did potentially want those things, a relationship. But mainly I just wanted to know if he'd reciprocate and to do that I had to try to get closer to him.

I didn't really daydream, much, but I did kind of hope he'd come up to me and talk more. (Could never get up the nerve to do that myself. I'm shy even around people I don't crush on.)

I'm alloromantic...probably. I sometimes wonder if I'm grey-romantic. I rarely have crushes, most of those crushes have been very slight, and I don't desire a romantic relationship all that strongly. I'm a more "muted" person in regards of both sexuality and romance, it seems--I don't desire either all that strongly, and fictional relationships (my ships) appeal to me more than an actual relationship. (But then, I'm a bonafide fiction dweller, I'll always prefer fiction over reality.)

I seem to daydream a lot about finding out that my crush is romantically attracted to me, and imagining a contrived situation where, for example, I "accidentally" brush my hand against hers and she takes my hand in response. I come up with all of these little details at the same time in an attempt to make my daydreams vaguely plausible! Although sometimes I just like to imagine her leaning over and kissing me.

Archived