Please help? I have like an hour and a half

Starbogen

Starbogen

I was sick in the weekend and when I woke up today I felt like complete crap so I decided to stay and not go to class. Then I remembered that there was this work I needed to hand in today for my first class and that I didn't do it because I was sick.

And THEN, like literally ten minutes ago when I woke up from a nap, I remembered I had a test today for my other class and I didn't study because I was sick. The thing is that it's an online test, so I could technically do it (and I know the teacher doesn't mind people peeking at info from the ppts) but I don't know what he'd think about someone doing it from home. I sent him a message asking if I should take it now or if I would just have to go in and take it on Wednesday. But the test is only up until 3 pm so I don't know what to do.

I can't believe I was so irresponsible this week, this really seriously sucks. I haven't done this type of thing since I was in middle school... And I'm just really nervous because this is he first time I've missed handing in a work and a test in university and I have no idea if that just means I have an automatic 0 or low grade even if I was sick and I was just want to cry right now :(

EmotionalAndroid

A lot of times in college, you can make up exams and things IF you let the instructor know ahead of time that you are sick. You might be able to scan the thing you need to turn in, and send it to the professor in an email. But first, definitely email them now and let them know what is going on. Even if you are still debating coming in or not, telling them you may or may not be in today because you are sick would be good.

I would do it from home and email the prof letting them know that you did because you weren't sure. If it's not okay then he can tell you and let you know how to make it up. At least you showed that initiative?

Starbogen

A lot of times in college, you can make up exams and things IF you let the instructor know ahead of time that you are sick. You might be able to scan the thing you need to turn in, and send it to the professor in an email. But first, definitely email them now and let them know what is going on. Even if you are still debating coming in or not, telling them you may or may not be in today because you are sick would be good.

At this point I'm not even thinking about the work assignment from the other class, but yeah I guess I'll just send it by email tomorrow and printed on Wednesday... As for the other class, now I was thinking of going in because I still had a lab so maybe I could do it there, but my dad just left to look for my brothers and I don't have any transportation. MAYBE I could make it later when he back but idk. Ugh I can't believe this. I would have to get ready really quickly and ask my dad for a lift out of nowhere just when he got back (and there's no way I'm telling him it's because I missed a test). I'm still not sure what to do. I already blew it because I actually forgot about the test, so that's already super irresponsible, but it's also true that I was sick and I doubt he'll believe me.

Starbogen

I would do it from home and email the prof letting them know that you did because you weren't sure. If it's not okay then he can tell you and let you know how to make it up. At least you showed that initiative?

I thought of that but I was worried it'd look like I intentionally stayed home just so I could do it there... But I think I'm going to do it, just to do something.

Well you emailed the prof before doing the test that you'd been sick and so if you do the test and email him saying that you waited for a return email but didn't receive one so you did it to be safe then I don't see how he could penalize you for that.

Starbogen

Well you emailed the prof before doing the test that you'd been sick and so if you do the test and email him saying that you waited for a return email but didn't receive one so you did it to be safe then I don't see how he could penalize you for that.

I'm doing it right now so I really hope so... I've just never done something like this and I feel terrible.

Thanks for the reasonable suggestions

Autumn Season

I hope things worked out for you. :)

Starbogen

Thanks!

Okay I finished it.. Now I'm going to send another email..and pray.

I've definitely been there. When you're sick, it's so dangerously easy to forget about school, so objectively it's totally totally understandable how you got in this situation, even if you feel guilty about it now.

I would definitely email the professors and see what they say from there. Hopefully they will understand and find some way to work with you especially if you're been a good student for the rest of the semester. Other than that, there's not too much you can do unfortunately. I hope it all works out in the end though!

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Thanks!

Okay I finished it.. Now I'm going to send another email..and pray.

Praying is always good. I hope everything works out for you.
Starbogen

Oh my god, he told me I should just have an automatic 0 (I didn't go to the doctor so I don't have a note) but he told me he'll believe me that I was sick and give me a chance to do the test and I almost cried. This stressed me out so much that I did cry because I thought I was just going to fail the entire class for a stupid mistake, and now it's like I can breath again and concentrate on all the other work I still have to do for finals without worrying about failing a class.

If anything at least this taught me to check, check, check, all the dates before I even think about staying home again, even if I'm sick X'D

Thanks everyone who helped out or just hoped for the best, it did work out!

Archived