The Black Ring

Thanks for all the replies! I'm not sure how to add a picture but I just got mine in the mail this morning. It's a sterling silver ring with a black rinestone cross on the top(so looking down on it you only see black). I'll probably wear mine whenever I'm out for sure and most likely at home as well. For me its about being able to look at it and know its OK to be different. Its a personal symbol for me that I belong to a much larger group of awesomeness. 😊 The idea that another ace could recognize it is a cool bonus but for me only my husband and myself know that I've begun to identify as ace.🍰

lostinfiction

I wear mine almost constantly. Its plain black, titanium, but it suits me well.

tumblr_nnhn066B571uqzrs5o1_1280.jpg

Love the bracelets! :wub: 8)

Thank you!! I make them myself, it's my current hobby.

:o Maybe you could sell them? I would like one or two. I also made an ace scarf and plan on making an ace blanket similar to it.

C5EDyMj.jpg

You think I could do that? I do have quite a few supplies, and I'll have a lot of time on my hands coming up. . . but I have no idea where I would start!!

:o Maybe you could sell them? I would like one or two. I also made an ace scarf and plan on making an ace blanket similar to it.

C5EDyMj.jpg

You think I could do that? I do have quite a few supplies, and I'll have a lot of time on my hands coming up. . . but I have no idea where I would start!!

I just wanted to minimize that wall of text. I hope it still works as quoted. :D Perhaps, I considered selling some scarves or something. Ebay? Not completely sure.

I got my black ring last summer, at a local fair with my dad (it was $ 8 ). : ) I honestly felt super self-conscious and embarrassed the whole time cause I didn't want my dad asking me why I was SO intent on getting a black ring. But anyway...I wear that one very frequently, but I also have a couple others that are primarily silver that has black stones or decor/shapes on them. I never wore rings before... but now my finger feels weird without one on. :P

I wear it more as a personal, "This is me! I love it! Proud to be ace," type of thing. No one's ever noticed or asked about it, which is fine by me. I don't care much for random people questioning me anyway lol.

blackring_zpsrkwbo6mq.jpg

P.S. Everyone is so talented with their skills! Weaving and knitting and what have you. So cool!

ElectricMongoose

1_zpsws6u3sym.jpg

I wear mine all day, every day. It reminds me of all my friends here at AVEN, when I can't be on AVEN. No one has recognized it yet, but I don't really wear it for that. I wear it for me. Plus, I love the LOTR movies.

My friend has the exact same Ace ring! xD

1_zpsws6u3sym.jpg

I wear mine all day, every day. It reminds me of all my friends here at AVEN, when I can't be on AVEN. No one has recognized it yet, but I don't really wear it for that. I wear it for me. Plus, I love the LOTR movies.

Sweet ring, Tja! I like the wording/design inscribed on it!

First of all you all have beautiful hands, so excuse me if mine aren't :P here is mine.

hmiscxz.jpg

I actually love mine. I know its got some red in it so i don't know if it still counts. It also only fits on one of my fingers outta 10 so I wear it on the wrong hand wrong finger :/ But ive been wearing this for two years now. I took it off to look at it reading this thread which is the first time ive taken it off in probably 2-3 months.

and if it looks expensive it wasn't i bought it for less than 20$ off amazon :D

HarleighAnn

I just bought mine today! I'm super excited! I feel as though this ring will help me feel more secure with my sexuality. I'm super excited to get to show it off! :D :cake:

I have a black ring that I usually wear whenever I go out, and sometimes around the house. Also, today I found a package of hair elastics that happened to come in the ace flag colors, so I'm going to start wearing one of each color as a bracelet. :D That way if another ace ever does see the ring, they'll see the bracelet too and know that it's not just a coincidence.

I haven't had anyone ask about the ring yet, but I have seen another person wearing a black ring on the middle finger of his right hand. I didn't say anything for a long time, but since he was in a bunch of my classes at college I ended up getting to know him, and eventually subtly asked about the ring. (it was a LOTR ring, so I just said it was cool, asked where he got it, etc.) I was wearing my ring at the time and he didn't pick up on my inquiries, so his ring must have been a coincidence. Good thing I didn't actually ask if he was ace. :ph34r: That could have been awkward.

1_zpsws6u3sym.jpg

My friend has the exact same Ace ring! xD

Great minds think alike. ;) :P

1_zpsws6u3sym.jpg

Sweet ring, Tja! I like the wording/design inscribed on it!

Thanks! I finally had someone ask if this was a LOTR ring, but she didn't ask why it was black. I would have told her it's also an ACE ring.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone [i posted this on another thread but I'm just wondering about all of your opinions], how do you all feel about wearing t-shirts with ace references? Do you think it's corny and too much of a "novelty", or fun and clever?

GwendolynAngel83

My ring is just a plain black ring as well and the only time it comes off is in the shower and when I'm at work (no rings except for wedding/engagement rings allowed at work). It's a reminder to me and also a hopeful conversation starter at some point or another.

C5EDyMj.jpg

I'd love to buy those as well. Ebay or amazon would be a good place to start :)

Hey everyone [i posted this on another thread but I'm just wondering about all of your opinions], how do you all feel about wearing t-shirts with ace references? Do you think it's corny and too much of a "novelty", or fun and clever?

I think it'd be fun and I really want at least one, but I haven't gotten around to getting one. The only possible issue would be idiots who take it as a reason to try and "fix" me since it would be so out there like that.