Greetings!

HobbesX

Hi Im new to the site.

My name is David I just turned 35 a week ago. I have a little boy and Ive been married for 10 years.

Ive never been into "things" or "stuff"

Until now i just kinda figured there was something wrong with me. My wife would go all out and say/wear all sorts of things and id just kinda shrug and move on with my day.

This obviously caused issues. She thought i was cheating on her she thought she was fat or unattractive (she's not and i try to make it clear to her that i don't think she is)

One time she sort of offhandedly mentioned i might be Asexual. I pondered it for a long time.

It explained a lot. Im a bartender so i see people "going for it" all the time. I just shrugged and let them go on with their day. Girls would "flirt with me" and id just be completely oblivious to it. So I came out to my wife Thursday we have counseling tomorrow. Not sure honestly how i want it to go. She's been my bff for 14 years but she isn't really into the idea of not having sex. Which is fine i get it i get cranky without caffeine myself.

But anyways . Thats me.

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

I'm glad that you were able to find an identity that fits you. A lot of people here have been in your situation, so you are not alone. I personally haven't had experience with what you're describing myself, but if you explore the site a bit it shouldn't be hard to find others who have. Hopefully finding others you can relate to will help you out a bit.

Anyway, I hope you are able to find all that you are looking for on this site, and I hope that you enjoy being a member here! :)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! I hope therapy goes okay, and that things work out okay with your wife too. My husband is asexual and we no longer have sex...but it took me a long time to get to where I'm actually comfortable and happy about it. I'm glad you joined, and I hope you love being part of this awesome community!!! :)

9XwUtbw.jpg?1

Archived