Heyya, Nice People.

TellTale

Greetings to the not-so-nice ones too I suppose. Er, I'm nervous just introducing myself (and am worried that I'm not posting this right. I hope "Start New Topic" was the correct thing to click!) so please be patient with me.

I am happy to find a place where saying "I don't date." will not end with me recieving unwanted advise on how to remedy my single status and an even more unwanted sympathetic pat on the back (stop touching me!). Or, at least, I hope it won't. I have no interest in a romantical (is that a word?) or sexual relationship, and never have had one. Um, that is I've never had the relationship or the interest. Until this post I don't belive I've ever stated these facts so clearly either. My family know that I've never been in a relationship, my friends know I'm not currently in one, but neiher really know that I do not want that sort of relationship.

So this will be the place where I will try to start talking.

Soo, in other news: I am a nerd. Books are my true love, but comics, webcomics, movies, tv series- you name it I'll nerd talk about it. Feel free to randomly start up nerd conversations with me!

Hello, and welcome to AVEN!! :cake: :cake:

I think everyone here was at least a little bit nervous when they made their first post, but I think you did a wonderful job introducing yourself! And yes, the "start new topic" button is the way to create a new thread. :)

Anyway, it can be tough to be on the asexual and aromantic spectrum when the rest of the world sees being single as a bad thing. Hopefully being here though will help you better understand your feelings, and feel more confident about who you are. Even though what you're feeling isn't necessarily the most common way to look at things, you aren't alone, and this site has tons of people who feel the same way. There is nothing wrong with who you are!

I hope you find everything you are looking for here, and that you enjoy being a member! :)

You are welcome, I'm glad you like them :)

(by the way, that’s not really my username but it’s okay too ^_^)

A lot of people confuse member titles for usernames when they first join. I can't even tell you how many times I've been called "Purple Space Triangle" by newbies. :lol:

You'll get the hang of it eventually though. AVEN was also the first forum I joined, and although it was a bit confusing at first, I found myself getting used to posting here very quickly. And of course, if you ever have any questions about hoe something on the forum works, don't be afraid to ask another member for help! :)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Your intro was great...I really hope you feel comfortable having the opportunity to talk here without the unsolicited advice (we don't usually do that). I'm glad you joined, and I hope you love being part of this awesome community!!! :)

9XwUtbw.jpg?1

Archived