Pillow Talk

noparlpf

Another thing I don't get.

So, what do non-aro people who have "pillow talk" talk about to their pillows to their SOs?

Edit: Poe's Law strikes. Should've known.

I asked google what pillow talk means

pil·low talk
noun
  1. intimate conversation in bed.
I Shot the Serif

To me, someone who calls themself "aromantic" but has an SO is not a premise that makes sense. If someone is so significant to you that you're going to date them and do pillow talk with them, why do you insist on the label? Sounds unconstructive.

Also, to answer the question, I don't think their orientation makes their pillow talk different from other people's.

I should probably clarify a bit, then.

The 'to their pillows' bit was a joke. I'm asking what people talk about during "pillow talk."

And I'm asking about non-aromantic people. So the ones who would conceivably in romantic relationships having pillow talk.

I Shot the Serif

Ahhh, I didn't get that. Okay, non-aro people.

So you're asking what pillow talk is like in general. I find that pillow talk has a tendency to involve really deep/personal/important conversations. Because the sex makes you feel happy and trusting and close to the other person. There is giggling, also.

Have you ever been to a sleepover where at some point, late in the night, the conversation went from really silly to really deep? (Do guys do that at sleepovers?) Pillow talk feels a little like that. You're relaxed, and you feel very close to the other person, and so you talk about personal things you wouldn't share with just anyone. I think the topics of conversation are probably different for everyone, though.

Have you ever been to a sleepover where at some point, late in the night, the conversation went from really silly to really deep? (Do guys do that at sleepovers?) Pillow talk feels a little like that. You're relaxed, and you feel very close to the other person, and so you talk about personal things you wouldn't share with just anyone. I think the topics of conversation are probably different for everyone, though.

I can't speak for guys in general but I've been there. But I mean, we think it's deep at the time, but in reality it's 4 AM and we're barely conscious. And there may or may not have been intoxicating substances further affecting those perceptions.

"Pillow talk" can really be anything, it's just intimate, long talks in bed. Doesn't really have to be "after sex" or anything, really. And it doesn't have to be specific topics. Could be talking away until 5am about future goals/life plans, or just about Tolkien. Whatever.

I can't speak for guys in general but I've been there. But I mean, we think it's deep at the time, but in reality it's 4 AM and we're barely conscious. And there may or may not have been intoxicating substances further affecting those perceptions.

Well, yeah, it's not ACTUALLY all that philosophical. I was just trying to find a situation that had a similar feeling attached, and for me, those late-night sleepover conversations feel like the platonic version of pillow talk because they come with similar feelings of calmness and closeness.

Archived