coming out?

I'm meeting with my best friend tomorrow and I finally want to let her know that I'm asexual. I'm really nervous bc I'm not 100% sure where she stands with other orientations and I don't know how to start it. I need advice on how to bring it up and let her know ): I'm scared ):

MissLunarWolf

Just be honest, and expect her to not believe you :( (yeah, I know). If she's sexual, it's nearly impossible (from past experience) for them to even understand asexuality (and what not feeling sexual attraction is like). BUT, there's a chance that she will have heard of it before, and be open and accepting (but frankly, it's easier to have a pleasant surprise, and have her understand/accept you; than for you to be hurt from her not understanding).

But remember, you don't have to tell her tomorrow, if the time doesn't feel right. You could always tell her another day ^_^

Whatever you decide, good luck! :cake:

Just be honest, and expect her to not believe you :( (yeah, I know). If she's sexual, it's nearly impossible (from past experience) for them to even understand asexuality (and what not feeling sexual attraction is like). BUT, there's a chance that she will have heard of it before, and be open and accepting (but frankly, it's easier to have a pleasant surprise, and have her understand/accept you; than for you to be hurt from her not understanding).

But remember, you don't have to tell her tomorrow, if the time doesn't feel right. You could always tell her another day ^_^

Whatever you decide, good luck! :cake:

thank you :) yeah I know it's gonna be hard for her bc she's basically a nympho, like she refers to herself as that so hopefully she'll at least take it positively and be understanding

Well at least if she is very sexual then she at least would probably understand that what you're feeling isn't typical. (someone who doesn't feel sexual attraction very much might be more prone to thinking you're exaggerating and you feel the same way they do) As far as finding a way to bring it up... well if you're really comfortable talking to her, you could just mention it casually, like it's no big deal. Then it doesn't have to be a huge scary nerve-wracking thing, so less anxiety beforehand, hopefully. ^_^

Good luck, I hope it goes well! :D

nerdperson777

Somehow bring up different orientations and see how she reacts first?

Here's my advice that is premised on this going well; I've found that people who are accepting are usually the ones you end up having the shortest conversations with. That tends to be disappointing. So, have a link to AVEN's Q&A, and get her to come on here, so latter on you guys can talk about it in a way that you will find displays actual skills necessary from a person you've decided to have as a part of your support network.

PurplePr1nc3ss

Hopefully everything went well. Coming out is hard to do, especially if it's to. sexual people. Hopefully your friend is openminded and accepts you. My mother reacted adversely but my friends were coop since many are lgbtquiap themselves