fluidity

Ana

Are some people's sexuality more fluid than others other than simply women being more fluid than men?

Certainly, there's 6 billion people on this planet and not everyone's going to be wired the same way.

I'm pretty fluid, all part of my apparently never ending gray confusion. (and I'm not even female lol)

Sure, sexual fluidity definitely varies between people.

Do women have more fluid sexuality than men? I'm a woman and I've always been ace.

SecretLibrary

I doubt there's been formal studies done on whether women or men are more fluid - I expect, like the degree of fluidity, it really varies from individual to individual too much to actually decide one gender is more fluid than the other. And that discounts those people who see gender as sort of a fluid thing, too. ;)

But yes, I'm certain it varies from individual to individual. And based on my own particular strange little sample, also within the individual from time to time. :)

It seems I remember seeing a study that said that women are more likely to be bisexual than men are (it said nothing about asexual). However, this may not really be true, since in general it is far less socially acceptable for two men to have a sexual relationship than for two women to do so. And also, it seems to be a common sexual male fantasy to watch two women having sex. I seriously doubt that women are any more fluid then men, but IMO they are quite likely to be more open about it and more likely to admit it (at least when it comes to being bi) than men are because of the reasons I mentioned.

I remember learning that women's sexuality was more fluid than men's a couple years ago when I was learning about the Kinsey scale. I found one saying that men's sexuality (in terms of what they did at least) was not affected by some things that women's was, and another article saying that men weren't that different than women. Maybe it's an area of early study?

Archived