Hello from a small shy sausage

littlemoon

Gosh I'm really nervous! I'm terrified of anything social and I've never really been part of an online community before apart from Tumblr.

I don't know what prompted me to sign up today (a rabbit popped up on my Tumblr dashboard and now I have an account), but after nine years of trying to figure out what's wrong with me it's good to move on into 'I know I'm not alone' territory. I can't remember when I first heard of the term asexuality but since then I've read up a lot and everything about me just clicked into place one day. More than anything I wish I had asexual friends; I'm too afraid to talk about myself and all my close friends are in relationships. I'm still not sure where I fit on the romantic spectrum but physical contact has always bothered me. There's still a voice in my head that tells me I'm not real and it's hard to switch off, but hopefully I can be a lot happier now.

I'm still exploring this site and figuring out how things work so apologies if this doesn't make any sense. I just needed to get a few things off my chest and it's so comforting knowing there's a safe space like this!

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Exploring is encouraged in these parts.cowboy.gif

I'm sure the more you read around, the more you'll find you have a lot more in common with others than you might have thought. Also, if you're looking for a way to ease yourself onto the scene, I suggest trying the Arcade or Just For Fun forum sections--you can learn a bit about others there and have some light and fun interaction with them.

:cake:

PhoenixKiran

Hi there! I'm kind of new here myself, and yes you made sense, of course!

Many of us here are exploring, to be true!

Nice to have you here. A very hearty welcome to you! :)

catsaregood

Welcome to AVEN, littlemoon, it's so fantastic that you've found your way here! :) Time for some welcome cake, methinks! :cake: :cake: :cake:

It's a great feeling to know that you're not alone, not just some weirdo, but actually part of a large community. I hope as you explore AVEN you'll feel more and more at home, both here and with yourself. See you around the forums!

DigitalBookDust

Welcome to AVEN! You'll find like-minded people, good conversation, and plenty of cake, caramel, and sushi!

Welcome to 'not alone' territory, it's great here! ^_^ I hope you enjoy exploring this site. :)

Have some cake :cake::cake:

Thanks so much everyone! I can't describe how great it feels to actually talk about things and not be brushed off. I'll have to check out the forums and it's already such a weight off my mind to know this site is here. (I'm also loving the amount of cake! :cake:)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! It is really great to find out you're not alone in the feelings that you have. I'm glad you joined, and I hope you love being part of this awesome community!!! :)

9XwUtbw.jpg?1

Welcome to AVEN! If you're looking for a comfortable atmosphere i know many of the staff here make that effort. Best of luck!

ladybaelish1

I also just found this place the other day. I was scared to hop in here and share my story but everyone has been really great and welcoming. You definitely have come to the right place. Learning more about yourself and feeling more comfortable with who you are is very important and liberating!

I hope all works out for you. Enjoy your stay here :)

Hi! I was SUPER nervous to join too (I'm a newbie myself), and even more nervous to start commenting and posting :wacko: , but I'm glad I did...and I'm glad you did too! ^_^ See you around!

Welcome to AVEN. You'll find that the introduction posts differ a lot, so you've done everything right. Really, anything's fine.

Archived