What Is It Like To Be Alone In A Sea Of People?

Mordred

same here.... they dont look like spiders at all!

That picture looked like a cute spider I would find in my kitchen :)

I take it they are the same in Oxford ?

Mord' ..too right!......they dont look like the ones in my house.. but they look like the ones outside!.. they look like frogs... their little bodies are all flat and sqaure!.... ill go get my camera and go insect hunting later!!!

Once again, I have been gone and haven't posted.

Welcome and I relate too.

I'm still an "in the closet" asexual. I don't nessessarly pretend to be sexual as just ignore any sexual advances. But now people think i'm either gay or very nieve. OH well. But yeah. I have actually considered comming out. But there is a big wall in the way...my parents. I guess my mom could take the news, but my dad wouldn't be able to. I mean, I'm the last of a very proud line. I don't have much of a choise....I have to have kids....well not have too...but highly recomended. But that is one good thing as I, myself, actually want them too. BUT ANYWAY.

So I'm still weighing the pro's and con's of it all. One thing is for certain though, my college is more than likely the best of all places to do it. I mean its warren wilson...everybody is COOL that way.

anyway, i'm done! Welcome to AVEN!

Daddy Longlegs, common name for any of a group of spiderlike arachnids,

Well Oogieboogie did say or should I say the article said "spiderlike". If you read the article carefully then it makes sense. Still think it's a crap description. :lol:

Well, excuuuuuse me!! :o I worked hard to find that description, thank-you-very-much!! lol

(finds another one at dictionary.com)

daddy longlegs

Dad"dy long"legs`

1. (Zo["o]l.) An arachnidan of the genus Phalangium, and allied genera, having a small body and four pairs of long legs; -- called also harvestman, carter, and grandfather longlegs.

2. (Zo["o]l.) A name applied to many species of dipterous insects of the genus Tipula, and allied genera, with slender bodies, and very long, slender legs; the crane fly; -- called also father longlegs.

There! (wipes her brow) That includes the description of the daddy longlegs with wings that everybody was mentioning. I also found a picture of a crane fly.

Cranefly.jpg

(takes a bow) 8)

Well, excuuuuuse me!! :o I worked hard to find that description, thank-you-very-much!! lol

I bet you was cunfuzed yourself when we all jumped on you :) We must have destroyed a childhood illusion in what a Daddy Longlegs was :(

Nice work :D

(Mordred creeps away looking for arachna longlegs in the attic knowing they must exist). Wonder if they are asexual?

Yes, that last picture was what I call a daddy long legs! I hate them - they're like flying spiders! Spiders are bad enough without having them fly in your face!

Spiders aren't so bad. At least you know where you stand with a spider. It's grasshoppers I can't stand. They have those little alien-lookin' heads! Ick!

It's grasshoppers I can't stand. They have those little alien-lookin' heads! Ick!

How about the next logical step. LOCUSTS! :shock:

:shock: LOCUSTS! :shock:

Git the wimmin-folk in the root-cellar! Set fire to the crops! Circle the wagons! Remember the Maine! Set phasers on discombobulate!

<pant, pant, pant>

Uh, what was the problem? :?

WHAT?!! You don't like grasshoppers?!! But they're soooo cool - And good for practical jokes, too :twisted: My Uncle was bugging me the other day and I put a grasshopper down his shirt.

I also taught his 3-year old daughter to say "asshole" :D

And I half-drowned him in the swimming pool :D

BUT the grasshopper was the best of all. *hee* (loves grasshoppers)

Except once when I picked one up he started chewing on my fingernail and that was scary :shock: Brr.... Those mandibles of theirs are powerful little suckers.

Except once when I picked one up he started chewing on my fingernail and that was scary :shock: Brr.... Those mandibles of theirs are powerful little suckers.

grasshoppers have feelings too :shock:

Good!! Then they should take that as a compliment :lol: Who wants weak mandibles?! They'd have to eat teeny tiny bowls of porridge!! hee hee hee

Oh, there's a trick for that - If you keep them covered with the other hand for a while, they get used to you :D

Once they get used to you, you can run around with them sitting on your index finger, and they won't jump. So you can do fun things like point them at people :mrgreen: "AAGH!!! CUT THAT OUT!!! IT'S GONNA JUMP ON ME!!!"

And when you want them to jump off, you just give 'em a poke in the butt. Some of them never want to leave, though, so you end up having to shake them off :evil:

@~|| Katherine, who's obviously got too much time on her hands ||~@

I'm not really into "coming out as an Asexual" to be honest as in real life I keep pretty much to myself and in the past I have mentioned things to others about me because society told me it was a good thing to do, only I felt uncomfortable doing it. I like my own privacy.

I am quite lucky in that women are not attracted to me anyway (you-know-who was an exception and a rather unstable exception at that) whether that's because I am repulsive or whether it's because I don't "put out" I am not sure but it does make life a lot easier.

I came to AVEN and back to AVEN ( I rarely ever go back to a place I leave) because I like having the feeling of acceptance and Home that here brings me but I wouldn't want to wear an Asexual t-shirt outside or go on an Asexual march at anytime in the future.

Should someone again find me attractive "in that way" I shall just say "oh not my thing really, all that rolling about" and make a joke of it. I don't think people need me to say "actually I'm Asexual" I think it speaks for itself in many ways as people rarely ask me if I am seeing anyone, it's just a given that I am not.

Hats 8)

Hi Hats.

Your article makes interesting reading . I am trying to combine that with all the other things you have written in the past.

Should someone again find me attractive "in that way" I shall just say "oh not my thing really, all that rolling about" and make a joke of it. I don't think people need me to say "actually I'm Asexual" I think it speaks for itself in many ways as people rarely ask me if I am seeing anyone, it's just a given that I am not. Hats 8)

You had a very close call with that female from Canada.

I'm sure someone will find you attractive for just who you are. One day it will just happen. I am not going to repeat all the things I have said before and what others have also said about relationships. It's all there. :)

Friendship and trust is always the main key.

Archived