1AE! Thanks David Jay and AVEN.

TheSMMG

Today is a year from the day when I experienced the epiphany of discovering the actual existence of other asexual people!

A small but constant drag on my psyche was finally gone.

This wonderful site has enabled me to not only communicate with other asexuals but experience the greater pleasure of actually meeting some.

I've now been to 7 meetings, one of which I organised; 5 in London, 1 in Brighton and the last in Reading.

I've met some great people and look forward to the chance of meeting more of you - one in particular, you know who you are, don't be Fazed...

During the same time, I've been interviewed (along with others) twice; once by e-mail for a favourable article which appeared in The Big Issue - one of my quotes was even highlighted(!) - and once face-to-face for an article due to appear in the French edition of Marie Claire. Be interesting to see how that comes out...

So, many thanks David Jay and AVEN!

Live R Perfect

Happy AVENiversary SMMG :D

I imagine there's going to be a lot of these happening about now - the influx of new members off the back of the New Scientist article this time last year was incredible!

happy aveniversary the smmg (i just love the the in there)

hard to believe it's been a year already. and such fun has been had :D may this be the first of many an anniversary 'round here...

Happy AVENiversary!

It is a great site, no doubt about that.

Happy AVENiversary! *wants to say it "AVENersary" since it's easier; whoopah!*

My "unofficial" AVENiversary would be coming up shortly, but it's not official until August 6th. Still, glad that AVEN's done all that for you, SMMG! :cake:!

Yes, I agree that David Jay has done a really good thing & created this organization so that we can all communicate -- I want to thank him too.

Also, I notice that asexuality gets more attention in Great Britain than in the U.S. It's like my own country doesn't even notice we're here! I wish America would wake up to this fact... oh well! Until then, I shall remain forever happily single with cats while friends & relatives snarl about how "the poor pitiable thing has no husband."

*blush* Well thanks. If you want to talk about the great communication here, though, then thank the Admods.

Cheers, people!

I love the word "AVENiversary", btw.

My appreciation does indeed extend to those great, hardworking behind-the-scenes peeps like the Admods...

I don't suppose you have an extra "Big Issue" article kickin' around? Even a photocopy? (Mum's keeping a scrapbook! Don't I just have the best mum?)

I don't have an extra copy but I could photocopy it and send it or transcribe it and e-mail it to you, if you like.

Your mum does sound cool!

if you have a scanner you could put it online or email it to every one.

Photocopy and snail mail is good enough for me though.

Hello SMMG. Hope you remember me meeting you in January in that cake shop (In Swiss Cottage, NW London I think it was)

Haven't been around much and was in a relationship for a while with a woman who I thought understood early on about my 'lack' of sex drive. Wouldn't mind visiting the south soon again so hopefully we can meet up again.

Happy 1AE! :)

Until soon

Colin.

I certainly do, IT - how's it going?

That meeting at Marine Ices in Chalk Farm was particularly memorable as it was my first AVEN meet!

I seem to remember you were about to tell someone about your situation, possibly the woman you mention.

It would, indeed, be great to meet you again.

Curiously, I've not met any of the others from that day on any of my subsequent meets...

Happy AVENersary The SMMG (that has to go into AVEN history, Chron). We met in June (I think) and it was because of you I ceased to be RV Fan (have you checked out the website in my sig) and became Tanwen.

Unless your circumstances have changed, yo probably wont get this till Mon, I'll be thinking of you slaving away :wink:

We all owe a big 'Thank You' to DJ for giving us the opportunity to 'meet' with like minded people.... :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: :lol:

Yes, personally have aload of things to thank Aven and DJ for and i've only been here about 4-5 months :D

So thank you! and happy Aveniversary! :mrgreen:

David!!!! I just saw you on TV. There's a show called "Sex Files" which airs on one of the semi-educational channels I get on cable. And they did one about asexuality. Overall, the episode was well done, though the "Asexual Comedian" got on my nerves very quickly (I didn't think she was all that funny, really).

Live R Perfect

Oh boy, yeah. I've seen a copy of that, Torgo. It was filmed about.... 2 years ago now? And I agree: Geri wasn't at all funny - she just seemed to shout a lot. :roll:

Archived