Ace Visibility Project

margo_k

So for those who don't know, I'm writing an undergraduate paper on asexuality at my school. The original thread where I talk about it is here.

For this paper, I’m supposed to do an elevator speech to introduce asexuality to my class, and I’m allowed to have powerpoint slides. I was thinking that I could gather small videos, pictures, gifs and other things of the ace community either waving, taking selfies, or holding up posters that say something like : “hi my name is blah, and I’m asexual”.

I would like it to be voluntary, so if any aces want to send me pictures or videos of themselves, I would really appreciate it! You don't have to reveal your face or real name if you don't want to. I don’t want to just go through ace selfie tags and accidently out someone somehow. All of your selfies and videos will remain confidential other than in my classroom presentation. I’m planning to make it into one big gif, so I can prove that asexuals exist!

So if you are ace, and willing to help me in this small project, I would really appreciate it! It’s only going to happen if I have people volunteer, so make it happen! This is our time to shine!

My deadline is the 29th of April, so send them in please!

Miskatonian

My god ithiaca, you just provided her with an entire presentation. With ponies. I'll admit MLP is well made and hides plenty of things in it for the adult nerd in all of us but... seriously bronies are like some sort of cult ;P

Margo,

Anything I can do to help you out, just ask. I just sent you a PM, so let's get in touch at our best convenience.

Do we pm you, or email you?

My god ithiaca, you just provided her with an entire presentation. With ponies. I'll admit MLP is well made and hides plenty of things in it for the adult nerd in all of us but... seriously bronies are like some sort of cult ;P

There's an interesting documentary on bronies! Well, several, but this is one:

I'm not actually a fan of MLP myself though XD

As for the slides, I've used them before during some workshops/presentations, and I hope it can be useful for the OP :)

Thank you so much for posting that ithaca! I'll definitely steal some of your ideas!

And C-Lo, PMing or emailing is fine. My email is mjkearney05@yahoo.com.

So far I haven't gotten any photos, but I would also love suggestions of ace-headcannon characters! I think that would be really cool to have cultural references too!

DigitalBookDust

I emailed you two pics! :)

Thanks for the pics tea/ndrogyne! And Confused_buthappy, you can email me or PM if you want to help!

Confused_buthappy

You email didn't work for whatever reason :/

Weird. Did you leave the period after the '.com'? Try this one: maggie_kearney@baylor.edu

• 2 months later...

Yes! I posted it earlier here. You can also view the completed research paper here!

Archived