How do you feel about marijuana

herlo

I just smoked it for the first time last week and i loved it. I felt happiness and for some reason a strange feeling of acceptance with the people i was smoking with, something i dont feel often since i feel isolated alot of the time being a young asexual.

What are your opinions on it? Ive always support legalising it even before i used it

I'm firmly against ever using any non-prescription drugs myself but don't care if other people want to. You can do whatever you like with your body in my opinion (with smoking cigarettes being an exception because it damages the people around you as well) but you've gotta respect that I can do whatever I like with mine as well. If you do that, I couldn't care less what you do.

I've never used it and I have no interest in using it, but I support legalizing it.

The Great WTF

I'm one of those rare unlucky bastards that doesn't do well high. It exacerbates my vasovagal reactions, which is just embarassing, and I HATE the feeling of not being able to control what I focus on. I either get frustrated because I can't focus or get angry because I can't stop focusing.

Having said that, I'm all for legalization. One of my friends has severe epilepsy and he's only been able to rejoin the workforce in the last few months because they've legalized weed for medical reasons here and it's done more of his seizures in three months than conventional medicine ever has.

I think it should definitely be legalized for medicinal purposes. For recreational purposes, I honestly couldn't care less though I do think someone going to jail for marijuana possession is ridiculous.

I've never smoked, don't want to though I've had a friend who did. That kinda sucked, she got very high leaving me to sit there in boredom for the rest of the visit. But people do have a right to do what they want with their bodies.

I feel like the US' view on marijuana is ridiculous given how much we glorify alcohol and how much more dangerous the latter is.

I hate the added effect this also has the cultivation of hemp.

I think as drugs go it's no more personally dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol. I am against full legalisation, however. I'm not going to go into my reasoning in full, but the short version is that I don't want to see a massive source of criminal income legalised overnight. It's not the marijuana that bothers me so much as what it pays for.

I think as drugs go it's no more personally dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol. I am against full legalisation, however. I'm not going to go into my reasoning in full, but the short version is that I don't want to see a massive source of criminal income legalised overnight. It's not the marijuana that bothers me so much as what it pays for.

Describe. Because I live in Oregon and my mom owns an edibles business and I can honestly say that no money goes toward criminal activity. I know exactly where my shit is grown, and by whom... and the jobs it produces, like trimming, are great little side jobs for people who need to scrape together some quick cash. But criminal activity? That's like saying you don't want carrots legalized because of all the criminal enterprises the money is funding. ?

SorryNotSorry

I've never used it and I have no interest in using it, but I support legalizing it.

I agree... but as with any drug, I think a person should know what they're getting into before they try it.

Legalizing it puts restrictions on growers. They have to pass all sorts of inspections, a background check possibly and be limited to X amount of plants (exact rules vary by state right now over here, not sure how other countries do restrictions). They also pay taxes on it. So, the criminals would likely not care to become legal growers. Illegal growers still get arrested, just like people selling alcohol without a license get in trouble. So, it's shifting the money from Mexico and other huge cartels to local governments and farmers.

Personal opinion: I hate it and don't want to be around it. I prefer to avoid people who are high/intoxicated because it makes me highly uncomfortable due to the fact no one I know acts ANYTHING like themselves when under the influence. I don't like people being that unpredictable.

But, what people do with their bodies is their own business. I choose to stay away from them while they do it, but they can do whatever they like. Having it illegal just supports the cartels, because people are not ever gonna stop doing it. And all that tax revenue lost on it. So, really, it's about as silly as trying to make alcohol illegal. Doesn't work. And it's no more dangerous than cigs and booze, both of which are legal.

Describe. Because I live in Oregon and my mom owns an edibles business and I can honestly say that no money goes toward criminal activity. I know exactly where my shit is grown, and by whom... and the jobs it produces, like trimming, are great little side jobs for people who need to scrape together some quick cash. But criminal activity? That's like saying you don't want carrots legalized because of all the criminal enterprises the money is funding. ?

Not every grower is equal. Some are at the bottom rungs of organised crime gangs that use the proceeds as quick cash. If you want me to quote chapter and verse on that I'll freely admit that I can't - and no insult intended here but I'm not prepared to put in the time to do so for a forum discussion.

As far as legalisation and regulating the market is concerned, my issue is that I don't have confidence in the ability of any government to bring criminals used to breaking the law for a very good living to heel. I remain open to the idea that someone might come up with a way to make it work - as of now I remain unconvinced

blossombreeze

I live in California and I have a medical marijuana card. My reasons for smoking are varied from social anxiety, general anxiety, panic attacks, stimulating appetite, relieving pains and aches, falling asleep b/c i've always had insomnia, and most important for me, relieving symptoms of PMS and cramps without relying too much on ibuprofen. For me, the benefits are endless, and the only downfall is I'm slightly less productive, however it stimulates my creativity and just really makes me happy. I know it's safer than cigarettes and alcohol health wise.

I believe marijuana should be fully decriminalized. I feel it being fully legal and sold federally would be really detrimental to a lot of people i know who are in the medical marijuana business. Also, I fear it would probably turn into several huge corporations owning everything, which means the quality would go down, the effects would be different, and the price would skyrocket.

Getting medical marijuana as is is pretty easy where I live in California, so I feel decriminalizing it and making it for medical purposes only nationwide would be the best option, in my opinion.

I think I'm far more passionate about the possibilities of hemp products if they were legal to produce and distribute everywhere.

Of course, I respect everyones right to not want to use it, and I know many people who do not get the same benefits from smoking that I do, many people who are allergic etc. so I really don't even consider it the biggest deal in my life anymore like I did as a teen. To me, its just like a medicine, I treat it as such, and a better option with more benefits than cigarettes.

Not every grower is equal. Some are at the bottom rungs of organised crime gangs that use the proceeds as quick cash. If you want me to quote chapter and verse on that I'll freely admit that I can't - and no insult intended here but I'm not prepared to put in the time to do so for a forum discussion.

No insult taken, I totally understand. I'm interested though... if you ever run across something relating to this, feel free to PM it to me. My mom is in the biz (she's also part owner of a grow house), my boss is taking CLE's about trademarking marijuana strains... it's become a huge industry overnight and I've not seen anything particularly shady... that said, I know humans are a terrible lot and there are sure to be, as you say, a bottom rung. I'm just personally unfamiliar with this rung.

As far as legalisation and regulating the market is concerned, my issue is that I don't have confidence in the ability of any government to bring criminals used to breaking the law for a very good living to heel. I remain open to the idea that someone might come up with a way to make it work - as of now I remain unconvinced

100% eliminating criminals growing it will probably never happen, that is true. We even have criminals still making illegal alcohol. However, if consumers can ask to see the growers card showing they are allowed, or can go to a real shop to purchase, a lot of them will do so. Many people I know who smoke it illegally complain about the fact people cut it with other things, the quality is low in the Mexican variety, it's hard to find if your regular person goes out of business, etc etc. Plus, a lot of people don't WANT to support the cartels, they would love to buy it from a legit vendor like a liquor store if they had the option. So, much like alcohol, if it was fully legalized (with regulations like alcohol) you would probably take a big chunk out of the cartels just like you destroyed speak easy type businesses when alcohol became legal again.

blossom - With how easy it is to grow, I doubt it's ever going to become huge corporations only or horribly expensive. Small growers can have their plants and I believe some places even allow personal use to have a couple of plants of your own (as long as you don't sell the product and just use it yourself). I would honestly be more worried about big pharma trying to make it a medicine under their umbrella if we kept it as medicinal only, if I was worried about a corporation taking control of it.

No insult taken, I totally understand. I'm interested though... if you ever run across something relating to this, feel free to PM it to me. My mom is in the biz (she's also part owner of a grow house), my boss is taking CLE's about trademarking marijuana strains... it's become a huge industry overnight and I've not seen anything particularly shady... that said, I know humans are a terrible lot and there are sure to be, as you say, a bottom rung. I'm just personally unfamiliar with this rung.

It's pretty different in the UK though, I believe Hobbes is a fellow Brit (I forgot to check). The drug business and criminal activity are very much intertwined over here (at least in all the areas I've lived in), whereas I have no doubt there's something approaching separation in the States.

It's pretty different in the UK though, I believe Hobbes is a fellow Brit (I forgot to check). The drug business and criminal activity are very much intertwined over here (at least in all the areas I've lived in), whereas I have no doubt there's something approaching separation in the States.

Ohhhh... yeah that makes sense.

MissLunarWolf

Love it! :D

(As a photographer) I feel more "aware" (if that's the right word) of colours, textures and nature. I love how I feel walking down a path, a little stoned. I feel so connected to nature (and my dog) when walking outside. Meditating on it is a little intense, but I've faced my darkest demons with it, and came out the truest version of myself that I ever dreamed I could be.

I'm on the fence when it comes to legalization. I'm all for decriminalizing it (going to jail for it is ridiculous), but it will become the new alcohol. I'm from BC where it's socially acceptable, as long as your acting grown up about it, the police will leave you alone. But I've been to American States where there is a 20% tax on an already WAY overpriced product. Once the pharmaceutical get involved, they will ruin it (I'm almost certain).

(HORRIBLE) Fun-fact: Monsanto's working on their own strain of medical cannabis, and plan to "take over" the cannabis industry. :angry: (as if the world wasn't bad enough with GMO foods)

Even after the trouble it caused and the work it took to stop, i still say it should be legal. It's far safer then booze in the amount of damage it does to others. The worst damage someone whos loafed can do is eat, alot. :D (unless they drive and fly, not good).

The real issue is that it can lead to heavier drugs, although i feel that risk would be lower if it was legal. Being legal it would also make money in taxes, other then wasting it trying to stop it. Trying to stop it is pointless, you can get drugs in any city on the planet within a few hours of being there. :blink:

I am indeed, which is why I said that not all growers are equal. Of course, this just highlights the fact that not all countries are equal either, something else I forgot to mention

I support its legalization because I'd love to get my foot into the cannabis industry. I'd like to start my own dispensary some day. In the very least, I'd like to be a grower/trimmer, or a budtender.

As for its use, it has worked wonders for me. I smoke every night after my duties for the day are done. I love feeling at peace with the world. I love actually being able to relax. I'm naturally a very anxious person, and marijuana (depending on the strain) can either help, or hinder that, however, I never had a panic attack/extreme anxiety when I smoked marijuana. Even relatively high sativa strains like Sour Diesel didn't trigger any sort of panic.

I live in California and I have a medical marijuana card. My reasons for smoking are varied from social anxiety, general anxiety, panic attacks, stimulating appetite, relieving pains and aches, falling asleep b/c i've always had insomnia, and most important for me, relieving symptoms of PMS and cramps without relying too much on ibuprofen. For me, the benefits are endless, and the only downfall is I'm slightly less productive, however it stimulates my creativity and just really makes me happy. I know it's safer than cigarettes and alcohol health wise.

I believe marijuana should be fully decriminalized. I feel it being fully legal and sold federally would be really detrimental to a lot of people i know who are in the medical marijuana business. Also, I fear it would probably turn into several huge corporations owning everything, which means the quality would go down, the effects would be different, and the price would skyrocket.

Getting medical marijuana as is is pretty easy where I live in California, so I feel decriminalizing it and making it for medical purposes only nationwide would be the best option, in my opinion.

I think I'm far more passionate about the possibilities of hemp products if they were legal to produce and distribute everywhere.

Of course, I respect everyones right to not want to use it, and I know many people who do not get the same benefits from smoking that I do, many people who are allergic etc. so I really don't even consider it the biggest deal in my life anymore like I did as a teen. To me, its just like a medicine, I treat it as such, and a better option with more benefits than cigarettes.

I see two solutions for this. Either limit the amount of recreational marijuana produced, or let people grow their own without fear of prosecution. Me personally, I would LOVE to get into growing. It confuses me why states like Washington forbid private marijuana crops. It'd help ensure people who need it medically are guaranteed access, and less worries about a shortage.

It's not that different in the states where it's not legal to grow weed either. Cartels and gangs are heavily involved, which means a lot of violence and criminal activity (yes, there are small growers that just sell pot, but a lot of the weed is from the cartels). However, since making it legal in some states, they've shown drops in gang related drug violence, supporting the people who claimed it would cut down crime to make it legal. However, the cartels are adapting and since the marijuana in the U.S. is so much more popular than their product (the legal stuff is 20% or so THC, the illegal stuff the gangs are trying to sell is only about 8%), some of the cartels such as the Zetas have moved on to kidnapping and extortion while others are actually importing U.S. legal weed from Colorado into Mexico illegally since they aren't succeeding the other way around. Others have moved on to heroin and meth, since they lack the profit in marijuana (growers in Mexico used to get paid $60-$90 a kilo, now it's $30-$40 a kilo since legalizing and many are getting out of it as the risk vs reward is not there with it dropping with every state that legalizes it).

So, the data would suggest that making it legal significantly reduces the link between marijuana and criminal activity. Since the laws passed allowing it (in the U.S. and also small amounts are now legal in Mexico), homicides in Mexico per year have also dropped around 7,000, which some link to the decline in the illegal marijuana trade in the country (though, studies remain inconclusive as to a cause, so it's pure theory).

TeddyMiller

I've never used it and wouldn't even if it was legal, but I support legalizing it to a certain extent:don't punish individual use or sale, but keep big corporations out of it, no "have a toke and a smile" commercials.

divided_sky

Used to love it, then it made my anxiety really bad and generally became a problem for me and my attempts to avoid dealing with reality. Hope to be able to use on a more healthy basis once I have a better handle on my anxiety/depression issues and my life in general. But have to take a decent break before I give it a try again, still not feeling like I'm in a good mindset for it right now.

All for legalization, total nonsense that we are still fighting for that, but we will get there, despite the many attempting to stand in the way.

Growing up in BC I have been exposed to it for most of my life. One of my friend's parents ran a small grow-op in their garage that I saw a few times, everyone in my family (except for my brother, that I know of) has tried it at least once- even my grandmother. My uncle sells it to my cousin, my mom gave me advice on it.

I have no issue with people using it medically, or even recreationally sometimes, but I think daily use is likely unhealthy, both physically and mentally.

I've tried it a few times, I don't particularly love it. First time I ended up having a huge emotional breakdown. Any other time was just ok. My grandmother told me she doesn't like it either, because she hates not being in control of her body, and I think my experiences are probably similar.

I support legalization, and have no idea why it's not legal here.

Legalise it! Especially for medicinal use.

I have no problem whatsoever with it or its advocates. There are worse things out there than a toke of the ould grass, particularly a certain thing which, although frowned upon over the years (although more or less accepted now, unfortunately) has never been illegal.

Ancient Ooze

I'd totally like to try it, but I'm afraid smoking is in no way possible in my case. Then again there is my usual fear of getting addicting to just about anything that changes my mental state. But it's cool for those who don't really care, 'cause ignorance is bliss until to you start to think about it.

I'm all for legalization of it, both for medical and recreational use. Personally, I'm an occasional user, although unfortunately with asthma I have a hard time smoking (or even vaping) the stuff. Edibles though, I have to admit edibles are definitely a weakness.

DigitalBookDust

I would legalize it, regulate it, and tax the Hades out of it. That being said, I admit to NOT being "420 friendly", as it's put around here. I don't smoke pot and don't want to be around those who do. I've been around people under the influence and just found them profoundly annoying. If it gets legalized, just keep it away from me! (I don't like those under the influence of alcohol, either, btw.)

Queen Under the Mountain
I feel very well :D

I smoked only a couple of times and it was amazing, I felt really relaxed and non-anxious (the exact oposite of alcohol that make me feel anxious, stressed and self-conscious).

I'm totally in favour of legalization of both medicinal and recreational use, if people can drink why other people can't smoke? it makes absolute no sense to me.

But in the country I live it is easier Jesus come back than marijuana be legalized...

GingerLizard

I've smoked three times and I always get vaguely high. The effects are always very annoying in my opinion. I don't like how much my friends smoke and I also don't like the idea of not being in my "natural" mental state, that deeply bothers me for some reason. I'm in full support of legalizing it though, I think it could only bring good things.

Archived