Guess that fandom!

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

This is a pretty simple game. You give a quote from any of your fandoms. Others have to guess who said it and/or what fandom it came from.

So for example...

Quote: "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Possible answers: the Marauder's Map, any of the characters who said that line, or Harry Potter (extra cakes for you if you can guess all possible responses)

Obviously, DON'T name the character, DON'T name any actors, and DON'T give any clues that would make it obvious. GIFs would be a bad idea, since then it would give away clues.

ADDITIONAL RULE ADDED - If no one can guess the fandom after a 3 day waiting period, you can reveal the fandom to us and you get the points. ;)

Aaannndd here is our first quote of the game!

"Obviously standing to close to exploding Dick sends your ass straight to purgatory."

‘ sωeνeи ’

Supernatural~

Dean Winchester says that line.

Next quote :

"Yes, my Lord."

CosineTheCat

Black butler

From the very first moment that we met, you reminded me of what it was like to have my human heart. The problem was, it was only a memory. All I had was my darkness to give you in return.

Possible answers: the Marauder's Map, any of the characters who said that line, or Harry Potter (extra cakes for you if you can guess all possible responses)

• Fred & George Weasley
  • Harry Potter
  • James Potter
  • Remus Lupin
  • Sirius Black
  • Peter Pettigrew
  • James Sirius Potter

Assumptions to be made:

Albus Severus, Lily Luna, Rose and Hugo all likely used the map at some time or another, considering James Sirius' possession of it.

Facts:

• Only the twins and Harry are canon saying the words. The Marauders are inferred, as they created the map, as is James Sirius as he stole the map from Harry at some point during his schooling.
  • Harry used the map in his 3rd year to sneak into Hogsmeade.
  • Harry used the map in his 4th year to sneak into the Prefect's bath so he could try to figure out the egg for the 2nd task.
  • Harry used the map in his 6th year to try and figure out what Draco Malfoy was up to. It was in his 6th year that it was figured out that the map did not show the Room of Requirement.
  • Harry used the map frequently while hunting for Horcruxes to check on Ginny Weasley.
  • Just before the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry used the map to try and locate Ron and Hermione, but couldn't as it also doesn't show the Chamber of Secrets (because the Marauders couldn't have known it truly existed when they were creating the map in the 70's).
  • If the holder of the map is near a passage way that requires a password, the map will show the password of that passageway.
  • The map identifies animagi by their actual name even when they are in their transformed state.
  • The map identifies anyone who might be polyjuiced as their own name, and it shows those who are under invisibility cloaks.

How many bonus points do I get? :D

CosineTheCat

• Fred & George Weasley
  • Harry Potter
  • James Potter
  • Remus Lupin
  • Sirius Black
  • Peter Pettigrew
  • James Sirius Potter

Assumptions to be made:

Albus Severus, Lily Luna, Rose and Hugo all likely used the map at some time or another, considering James Sirius' possession of it.

Facts:

• Only the twins and Harry are canon saying the words. The Marauders are inferred, as they created the map, as is James Sirius as he stole the map from Harry at some point during his schooling.
  • Harry used the map in his 4th year to sneak into the Prefect's bath so he could try to figure out the egg for the 2nd task.
  • Harry used the map in his 6th year to try and figure out what Draco Malfoy was up to. It was in his 6th year that it was figured out that the map did not show the Room of Requirement.
  • Harry used the map frequently while hunting for Horcruxes to check on Ginny Weasley.
  • Just before the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry used the map to try and locate Ron and Hermione, but couldn't as it also doesn't show the Chamber of Secrets (because the Marauders couldn't have known it truly existed when they were creating the map in the 70's).
  • If the holder of the map is near a passage way that requires a password, the map will show the password of that passageway.
  • The map identifies animagi by their actual name even when they are in their transformed state.
  • The map identifies anyone who might be polyjuiced as their own name, and it shows those who are under invisibility cloaks.

You forgot to post your quote! xD now what are people suppose to guess under you!

• Fred & George Weasley
  • Harry Potter
  • James Potter
  • Remus Lupin
  • Sirius Black
  • Peter Pettigrew
  • James Sirius Potter

Assumptions to be made:

Facts:

You forgot to post your quote! xD now what are people suppose to guess under you!

The one above me because I'm not playing xD

Black butler

From the very first moment that we met, you reminded me of what it was like to have my human heart. The problem was, it was only a memory. All I had was my darkness to give you in return.

So yours :)

scarletlatitude

To clarify, this is the next quote.

Black butler

And Lia, you get all the points. :D

scarletlatitude

Black butler

Since no one could guess the fandom, you win the points Cosine. :) Please inform us of this fandom.

To keep things going I will post another quote for us. (We've kinda lost it here....)

Let's have a go from my spirit animal:

"I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian."

I know this one... Hmm... (literally keeps this open in a tab for a few hours)

Aha! Iron Man! Iron Man 3!

Okay, okay, okay.

"All the little angels rise up, rise up.
All the little angels rise up high!"

Discworld.

*Oy with the poodles already*

Gilmore Girls

"I am MELONLORD"

TumultuousTimepiece

A:TLA

"It's the final countdown, just like they've always sung about!"

scarletlatitude

I KNOW THIS ONE. That's my Sammy. Supernatural. :) (And for bonus cake, that's season 3, episode 3... yeah I need to get out more. :P)

"I understood that reference."

Avengers - Captain America.

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."

In the flesh

"I'm not saying hello to a pink poodle"

scarletlatitude

Is that a Percy Jackson quote? I think it might be... but it's been a while...

"We're humans, and when humans want something really bad, they lie."

"Why?"

"Because.... That's how you become president."

Supernatural, said by Dean then Cas then Dean again.

"Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that."

Doctor Who?

"ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD."

lostinfiction

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"So many battles waged over the years... and yet, none like this. Are we destined to destroy each other, or can we change each other and unite? Is the future truly set?"

X-men, days of future past ! ;)

Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.

RhuinHruda

Game of Thrones. (I googled it)

Frell.

• 2 weeks later...
BlueButterflies

Farscape

"I want to take the ears off, but I can't. I hop, and when I hop, I never get off the ground. It's my curse, my eternal curse. I want to take the ears off, but I can't! It's my curse, it's my fucking curse! I want to take the ears off! Please! Take them off! Pleeeeeeease!"

RhuinHruda

Bioshock.

Fastball Special.

• 2 weeks later...
Grumpy Alien

Uhhhh.............. A video game?

"He's not my boyfriend now. He's my friend until I'm 16 and it's legally consensual for us to have intercourse."

RhuinHruda

Shameless....which I shamelessly admitted I googled.

Mine was X-Men, btw. Colossus picks Wolverine up and chucks him at things and it's known as a fastball special. They actually did it in X-Men 3 and there were fans going "squeee" everywhere.

"Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named....."

Sailor Moon. :)

"Are you sick of piles of owls constantly blocking your driveway?"

"Well then you've gotta get OWL TROWEL!"

(Gravity Falls.)

"Tonight on Baby Fights, tensions rise between Madison and Avery in Baby Fight headquarters!"

Archived