Thought I was Ace...Now wondering L or B?

So, I know this is a site for asexuals, and if this post needs deleted or moved, I'll totally understand. A few years ago, I started identifying myself as ace but more recently I am started to see that I might possibly have same sex or bisexual attractions. At the very least, I am in the questioning stage. I am having trouble finding resources and am feeling very alone and confused at the moment. This is the only place I know of where I might find someone who can direct me in the right place and provide me with some info.

Thanks in advance!

SecretLibrary

Hi Snow,

It may simply be the distinction between romantic and sexual attraction - for the longest time, I thought I was bi, until I realized I didn't generally feel sexual attraction. Definitely biromantic (or panromantic, I suppose) now, and I'm considering myself somewhere in the grey-a spectrum now.

In your case, only you can really decide how you want to identify. Your identity is yours to control. And one piece of advice I've been given and echo often because I think it helpful in situations like this: "Worry less about labels and more about the individuals involved."

Not sure if that's helpful, at all, but glad to offer my support anyway. You're not alone, even if I can't provide you with a simple answer. :)

Don't worry, most of us are confused about their (a)sexuality and/or romantic orientation at some point in our lives. Some people feel confused over very long stretches of time ...

My two cents: I think it's perfectly possibly to be 'plain' asexual regarding one gender and to be in the gray-area regarding another.

I'm not sure what kind of resources you are looking for, but I hope you'll eventually find something that's helpful. Like SecretLibary said: you are definitely not alone! :cake:

CosineTheCat

Hello Snow White!

I love what secretlibrary said about you not being alone, and you aren't. Figuring out what your sexual orientation or even romantic orientation takes longer than slapping a label on. Personally I'm in the same boat as you, I don't know where I fall on the romantic orientation side, and I'm a bit confused over it. I don't know if there really is a resource better than just asking. I hope that you're able to find the answers you're looking for.

CupofCoffee

Hey there!

Basically, bisexuality is defined as being (sexually) attracted to more than one gender. However, you do not need to be equally attracted to each gender. For example, some weeks I'm more attracted to males, but then other times, I'm more attracted to females. Bisexuality is a spectrum, just like asexuality is. :)