Place to meet other asexuals (under 18?)

Wannabe Vulcan

Wannabe Vulcan

This is probably a long shot, but I'm 16, and all I really want is to talk to other asexuals in person. Im not looking for a dating site, just some way to find other aces near me (though I won't say no to a relationship). I've tried apps and stuff that find people near me, but they're all hormonal teens looking for the "sexy time."

Yes, there's a thing called real life, but that's a game I'm not good at playing, not to mention I doubt any of the people I know are asexual.

Anyway, like I said, this is a long shot, but is there some site (dating, social media, etc.) that does not require one to be 18 that would allow me to find other asexuals near me? Also, please excuse if this thread shouldn't be here or if it shouldn't have been made at all. I just joined a few days ago, so I'm still getting used to it. Thanks!

boxed toast

I'm 17. Where are you located? There might be some of us near by.

The Great WTF

Pretty much the whole point of the Meetup Mart is to allow us to look for other asexuals in our area.

Striped Sweater

I second Great WTF's suggestion of the Meetup Mart. It's a great way to find other AVENites in your area. Another place to look would be meetup.com.

I would say the internet is your friend in this case. You can put together a network of asexual teens without having to run outside into the real world proclaiming your sexual orientation to all in the hopes you'd find someone else, that is, if doing that is outside your comfort zone (I know it's outside of mine).

For non-face to face contact, you could search for a topic here about asexual teens. If there isn't one already (or there is but it's really old), then start a new one up! There are definitely a lot of teens on this site.

Wannabe Vulcan

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I'm located in Illinois, just outside of Chicago. I completely missed Meetup Mart somehow, I will check that out!

Striped Sweater

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I'm located in Illinois, just outside of Chicago. I completely missed Meetup Mart somehow, I will check that out!

A lot of new people miss the Meetup Mart since it's kind of buried. Luckily, you live near a big city. High likelihood of getting a group together!

Honestly, I was just asking this in a different forum, since I'm also in the Chicago-land area. I figured there should be quite a few of us around here. I know they said there was a group on Facebook for AVEN in Chicago, but it's a closed group and they have to accept your request. I felt kind of nervous to join and ended up not doing it.

I don't know if meetup.com is open to people under 18, but if yes, maybe you could find a group or create one ? Or if not, you can still create a closed Facebook group.

Wannabe Vulcan

Honestly, I was just asking this in a different forum, since I'm also in the Chicago-land area. I figured there should be quite a few of us around here. I know they said there was a group on Facebook for AVEN in Chicago, but it's a closed group and they have to accept your request. I felt kind of nervous to join and ended up not doing it.

Yah, problem is I don't have a Facebook. But I hope there are a couple of people around me that are on this site.

There's actually a forum on here that goes through all 50 states (and other countries, I think) and is great for finding aces near you

Wow, I am 17 and I live near Chicago! For a while I wanted to meet some other asexuals or aromantics and I think that would be so cool.

• 2 months later...
tinyastronaut

I've been having the same trouble really, I'm living in the Neenah-Menasha area of Wisconsin, and every site I go to is a fake or I'd have to lie about my age. Really, I'm the only ace I know of in the area and when I tried to get visibility with my friends one of them said that "those are the worst type of people." really I think it would be cool if there were like some kind of asexual meetup or GayDar app out there so that we can just chill with the other aces in our areas.

Also, on these websites when I search nearmy zip code there isn't anything within 50 miles? I seriously need a better option. I would really like to meet someone face to face once at least.

Archived