How do you tell if you're lithromantic?

nicknack12

Like, I know what lithromantic is; it's when you have romantic feelings that disappear when reciprocated. I had that with my first (and only) relationship, which lasted a grand total of two weeks. My question is, how do I know if I was experiencing lithromanticism or if we just weren't the right match? Or maybe I'm just afraid of commitment? I'm not sure. Lately it seems like I haven't met ANYONE that I feel any connection to. Can anyone help me figure this out?

verily-forsooth-egads

Rather than looking at a real relationship that didn't work, consider hypothetical scenarios instead, and how you think you'd react. So say there's this person whom you've been crushing on for a while, someone who would be an ideal partner, and imagine they reveal that they also like you. How do you feel as you picture this relationship developing? Do you think you'd have a hard time feeling for the person romantically after you're in a relationship, even if the relationship works well? Feel free to go into depth with different scenarios to determine what conditions result in the most attraction for you; the best science happens when all the variables are yours to control, which is why it's hard to rely on actual relationship experience here.

I disagree with SPACE MAGIC; many lithromantics fantasize, only to find out they react lithromantically in real life. There is no way to tell until your next reciprocated crush. But you can always change your orientation, so if its accurate for now then use it.

Also, lith is more than one type, it's basically an umbrella term for negative to indifferent reactions to reciprocation, more specifically the reciprocation (over time or immediately) causing indifference, loss of interest, or repulsion (in sex or romance depending on the orientation). Some lithromantics cant even stand to be around the reciprocated person, though i haven't heard this of lithsexuals. Being an umbrella term, its different types are being named. Frayromantic is when romantic attraction fades away.

verily-forsooth-egads

I will concede that the method of imagining scenarios can be inaccurate, but I think it just depends on how much detail you imagine it with. It takes effort to recognise disparities between the fantasy and how it would translate to reality, but it's all within your control.

Archived