Asexual Headcanons

nerdsbianknight

My Head canons (not counting characters who are asexual in canon)

- Captain Picard from Star Trek TNG seems to be a heteromantic asexual
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter (maybe she just has children because she is sex positive heteromantic or panromantic ace)
- Charles Weasley from Harry Potter (although JK Rowling has hinted he is asexual in canon),
- Sherlock Holmes (I am sure that he would have been written as officially asexual if such a thing was known about when Arthur Conan Doyle wrote about it)
- Malcom Tucker from The Thick of It (doesnt have a wife, children nor any sexual partners. Just because he uses sexual innuendo that does not mean he is not ace. I definately think he is an aro-ace)

-  Harry Perkins from A Very British Coup TV miniseries  (demisexual - as far as we know he only ever had one partner)

Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins are written as asexual characters.  Heck Tolkein wrote MANY asexual characters.  Homosexuality wasn't an option at the time, so it was either heterosexual or asexual.  Most of the dwarf company with Bilbo we're unmarried in late life, therefor due to the times were asexual.  Many in the Fellowship were unmarried and remained unmarried, thus were asexual.

44 minutes ago, Welsh Ace said:

Captain Picard from Star Trek TNG seems to be a heteromantic asexual

Picard is more concerned about the diginity of command then sexuality (being ex-military I get this.)  Plus his dating pool is extremely small due to the fact that he would want a extremely high achieving wife in her own right like Beverly Crusher.

On 04/04/2015 at 2:20 AM, The littlest Deer Rat said:

I don't think that Link saves Zelda for romantic purposes. He just likes the adventure.

And he never gets to kiss her or anything either^^

I would consider the Fool, from Robin Hobb's series (Farseer trilogy and all the others) as quite ace. He doesn't love anyone else but Fitz, and he describes his love for Fitz as something that is beyond physical and emotional - he has such a deep love for him that it's undescribable and ununderstandable. He doesn't seek any physical relationship with him, nor does he want any. Fitz tries to understand this love throughout the books but never quite gets it, and the Fool explicitly tells him he doesn't want to have sex with him or anything (although he would probably do it if Fitz insisted on doing it. Which he doesn't). I have no words for this kind of love, but I would definitely put the Fool on the ace spectrum. 

Sirius Black? From what I remember from the books and movies (it's been a while) there wasn't any mention of past relationships anywhere. I know that fanon loves seeing him as some sort of playboy, but there's actually no evidence for it. 

On 11/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, Shadow007 said:

Sirius Black? From what I remember from the books and movies (it's been a while) there wasn't any mention of past relationships anywhere. I know that fanon loves seeing him as some sort of playboy, but there's actually no evidence for it. 

In high shool he was a popular guy, and probably a bit of a playboy but was on the run for most of his adult life and feared by all.  Survival trumps sexuality.

I completely headcanon Morgana Pendragon from Merlin as ace. Uses promises of sexuality to lure people into doing her bidding because it works, but never actually goes through with it. She has a bit of an Ace-Crush with Gwen going on, but I just cannot see that as sexual, not at all.

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2017 at 8:29 PM, wussa said:

I really headcanon Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead as aro ace. Its funny cuz I was telling my sister that Carol/Daryl was my notp and that I shipped Daryl with being a bad ass and she was like, "soo you think he's ace?" and that was when the headcanon was born. I think it really fits, since there's a sort of tension between Carol and Daryl but I always thought it seemed pretty onesided and Daryl always looks super uncomfortable when that happens.

It's not headcanon! He really IS asexual. I mean there r 8 seasons, and always everything comes first for him before that romance or related stuffs.

I think all other fans should officially accept him as an asexual:P

• 1 month later...

Dirk Gently.

In the books, there isn't a single mention or insinuation about his sexuality. But Dirk always put the adventure first, and never showed any interest in any sort of relationship. 

As for the BBC show, the bit of dialogue in the season two finale where Todd says something about the Rainbow Beast looking good, and then Dirk goes "yeah not really my thing, Todd". So there's that little nugget of ace-ness that I'm going to cling to for dear life. 

This is the only headcanon I'm interested in.

cb137d82fac58196409d023d41ed47f9--sharks

On 4/2/2015 at 4:37 PM, scarletlatitude said:

I NEVER THOUGHT OF CHARLIE WEASLEY THAT WAY AND IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. :blink:

Charlie Weasley is my ultimate asexual headcannon! ^_^

artisticGryfess
On 8/2/2015 at 3:03 PM, nutmeag said:

And one that no one has mentioned... Carlos the scientist from Welcome to Night Vale. At the very least, I'd call him demi. He is in love with Cecil and he does mention sexually implied things. However, he's extremely single-minded and oblivious when Cecil isn't involved. In my own head, I prefer to see him as homoromantic ace (with sex being a non entity for him). There's some good fanfic out with that premis, btw!

dude i friggin love the idea of demi Carlos

He will never be anything other than demi in my mind

On 7/17/2015 at 7:38 PM, An elven aro said:

I'd like to think of Arya Stark from Game of Thrones as aro-ace. Arya was the reason I started watching it; a boy at my old fencing group said I reminded him of Arya, and I immediately wanted to know what she was like. I really relate to her so far (which is probably unusual) so maybe that's another reason why I want her to be aro-ace.

Dude I never thought of that but now that you pointed it out.. that is brilliant and I very much approve.

I also really like the idea of aro spectrum/ace spec Madison (from Hamilton)

On 5/29/2017 at 5:59 AM, theboxduchess said:

Pidge Gunderson from Voltron and Antimony Carver from Gunnerkrigg Court (my pure bean aro ace children :lol:)

I so agree with you about Pidge! In my mind I just can't ship her with anyone romantically. I just really ship her with all of them platonically - she's adorable.

I also headcanon that all incarnations of The Doctor are ace (and varying romantic orientations) and I think that Prince Zuko and Gintoki are some sort of ace-spectrum. I know this is me trying to add ace stuff to characters I like just so I have something in common with them, but hey.

Micheal from the Be More Chill musical, homoromantic asexual. I’m pretty sure he’s the only one in the soundtrack that isn’t concerned about sex.

On 4/3/2015 at 8:20 PM, The littlest Deer Rat said:

I don't think that Link saves Zelda for romantic purposes. He just likes the adventure.

I know this is from forever ago, but I always assumed these two were siblings when I was younger!!!!!!

On 11/16/2017 at 1:47 PM, Warsaw said:

Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins are written as asexual characters.  Heck Tolkein wrote MANY asexual characters.  Homosexuality wasn't an option at the time, so it was either heterosexual or asexual.  Most of the dwarf company with Bilbo we're unmarried in late life, therefor due to the times were asexual.  Many in the Fellowship were unmarried and remained unmarried, thus were asexual.

Or they were "confirmed bachelors" which was a polite euphemism for gay men, back in the day.

On 6/1/2015 at 5:04 PM, SpeckledAngel said:

To actually add to the list, I headcannon Kel, the main character of Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small quartet, as on the spectrum. Pierce is great and her heroines are all strong w/out the need for a male, but Kel is the only one I would consider on the spectrum, though as grey- or demi-.

So, I just finished listening to the series and I agree. She's strongly attracted to her best friend Neil and one other until they are separated for a time, then discovers she doesn't feel those longings and desires any more, much to her, understandable, confusion.

SilverForestFae

My head canon is that Elsa (Frozen) is an aromantic asexual. 

But seriously, how cool (and awesome for girls!) to see a strong, yet flawed woman, rule a kingdom with no one by her side but her family and friends? I think it would be wonderful to show girls they can be ANYTHING and they don't have to have a romantic partner to "help them" or "rescue them" or whatever.

Rey, Katniss Everdeen, All Time Lords, Elsa, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Sam Wilson, Hearth (from Magnus Chase)

Lucy in the sky

I've also heard of many people seeing Rey from SW as ace. That would be awesome! ^_^

On 9/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, Salted Karamel said:

Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7. Seemed like a stretch to me when I first saw this idea in the fandom because a huge subplot in the gameplay is the love triangle between him, Tifa, and Aeris… but really, most of that love triangle is about the girls flirting with him and Cloud just being awkward about it. Sure, he had that crush on Tifa as a kid, and he arguably confesses feelings to her at the end, and they may be living together after that, but he isn’t necessarily an aromantic ace. Or he may very well be aromantic but is struggling to put his strong connection with Tifa in context and so he’s hetero-normalizing it and convincing himself he has romantic feelings when his feelings are really queerplatonic.

I never really got the love triangle in that game. I think Cloud is ace as hell, but the game doesn't really go into that subplot at all - or at least, not in a way that I understood it. FF7 Machinabridged makes it much more obvious!

EngineeRaven

Satya Vaswani, Overwatch - I don't know, I ship her with Junkrat, but I just can't imagine her getting sexually close to anyone. Like. That would involve a lot of mess. Nothing that fits in her world of order.

Admiral Thrawn, Star Wars - One of the brightest strategists, but I don't know of any man or woman in his life. I haven't read the new book yet, but he seems fairly ace for me.

Annabel McAlistair, Dolls of New Albion - She never had a real relationship, and when she finally creates one for herself, she describes it as " But now i have dolly, a dear friend with whom i go out for walk and talks".

9 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

@Warsaw & @Shadow007, funnily enough, a lot of the fan fiction at the height of the Potter revolution was around Lupin and Sirius being gay partners!:lol:

Yeah, I did find that amusing. It seemed to be either that or some fan-insert/OC that both of them would be with (other than Lupin/Tonks, etc), but I like the idea of Sirius being unattached in any conventional way - fitting in with the ace thing.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:53 PM, Lucy in the sky said:

I've also heard of many people seeing Rey from SW as ace. That would be awesome! ^_^

Rey is totally an asexual unless they screw it in the last film. And so are Luke, Obi-Wan and most Jedi.

Jyn Erso too, probably. She has a relationship in the canon Beth Revis novel, but that's probably that author's interpretation of the character and not how it was originally intended. If you've seen the film, you'll notice some signs (and a lot of sexuals always complain about it when they see it in every public screening I've been).

Indeed, while there's still no direct mention of asexuality on its canon, I feel like Star Wars is a very asexual-friendly franchise, and that's definitely part of its appeal to me. The most "sexual" stuff on it is a girl on a bikini. Everything feels very sanitized, and you can freely assume that a LOT of its characters are asexual.

As for other suggestions made on this thread: Nick Angel from Hot Fuzz seems like a good possibility! Captain Picard? Maaaybe. Valjean and Javert, I think so, particularly Valjean. Sherlock Holmes... Well, he's pretty much the only major character widely recognized as asexual, even though the concept wasn't known at the time.

Charlie Weasley is asexual as per the author's comments and that makes a lot of people happy. Me, not so much. She could have chosen dozens of characters and she stuck with the most insignificant one, and that doesn't help improve visibility. I love this franchise, and I'm at least pleased that Rowling is aware of asexuality. I'm optimistic that she might eventually decide another, more relevant character is also an ace. McGonagall sounds like a good option, even though she's a confirmed romantic.

And though she's a kid, I always like to think Alice (from most iterations of Alice in Wonderland) will remain an ace when she gets older.

It's a pity we've got to recur to "headcanon" since so few characters are officially confirmed as asexual. We seriously lack more representation than probably any other group! I always write my main characters as asexual, but of course I'm not a published author! I wish I were.

Celyn: The Lutening

Anyone read the Legend of Eli Monpress by Rachael Aaron (aka. Bach)? Eli is totally ace, a couple of times he's asked, are you into Nico? Josef? Miranda? Which just annoys him. Probably more due to abuse by Benehime than intrinsic, but I just love that there was pretty much no romance in those books, just friendship.

EngineeRaven

@Masterman As for the Jedi, I wouldn't say most of them are asexual. They are celibate, at least the ones of the Clone Wars era and before. So it is not out of the question that some of them are aces, but most of them only suppress their sexual side because of their views.

I agree though that sexuality is not really a focus of the whole franchise. I mean, I think I can count the times it's mentioned on one or two hands. And that includes Legends books (formerly Expanded Universe). Though maybe it is because those authors often had difficulties in describing romantic plot-lines. For example, Timothy Zahn is one of the brightest Legends and now Canon authors, but when it comes to romance... he gets clumsy. But I don't really think it's a problem, since most of us loves this universe because of the world, politics, war, etc stuff, not the cheesy, omg-I-got-sand-in-my-pants kind of plot.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, Kyōma32 said:

I so agree with you about Pidge! In my mind I just can't ship her with anyone romantically. I just really ship her with all of them platonically - she's adorable.

I also headcanon that all incarnations of The Doctor are ace (and varying romantic orientations) and I think that Prince Zuko and Gintoki are some sort of ace-spectrum. I know this is me trying to add ace stuff to characters I like just so I have something in common with them, but hey.

Yes absolutely! Pidge is totally ace in my mind. I've always thought the Doctors are ace. 

And there's nothing wrong with headcanoning characters, especially considering the lack of ace representation. I myself have a lot of ace headcanons, although I can't really think of one now.

2 hours ago, MaeveTheRaven said:

@Masterman As for the Jedi, I wouldn't say most of them are asexual. They are celibate, at least the ones of the Clone Wars era and before.

Yeah, they are celibate in the canon rather than asexual. But this thread is about headcanon, so we're forcing the truth a bit in order to get a bit of representation. And in my mind, I chose to think that at least Luke, Rey and Obi-Wan are asexual for real. As in, if Obi-Wan had left the Order and married Satine, they still wouldn't have sex in my mind. Makes me happier than the alternative ^_^

Archived