I had to break someones heart

herlo

I feel so bad this girl who knew i was asexual told me how she felt about me and i turned her down. I feel so bad we get along great and i could see it in her eyes the moment she know what was going to happen. Im just not attracted in that way to her :( I hope our friendship remains intact.

At moments like this a view asexuality as a curse

Frigid Pink

It's okay. We like who we like. Rejection is a part of life. No need to feel guilty about it.

I know its not my fault but i felt like ive hurt a friend. Its just not a nice feeling

Autumn Season

Yup, can relate. I broke hearts and hurt feelings and I felt like a bad person. However you were honest. And it's better that she doesn't have to "waste her time" on feelings for you. It's better for the both of you... Still I'm sorry that you had to go through this situation. Hopefully you can remain friends.

I know its not my fault but i felt like ive hurt a friend. Its just not a nice feeling

I'm sorry :/ But you did the right thing. Being dishonest, or playing games to try and get her to lose interest would have been cruel in the long run. This way you showed her enough respect not to do that

I have had to do the same many times over in my many years, and my heart hurts for you. If it's any consolation, although it's the one of the hardest conversations to have, you did the right thing for you both. Be proud of yourself for that. I'm proud of you.

E-hugs. Things will get better.

Midnight Star

I know exactly how you feel. It's one of those situations where it feels like there is no right way to operate. Not only have I done this before, but I am in a situation right now in which I feel like I may have to do it again very soon. I just hate it when people brand me "the bad guy breaking some poor little girl's heart" for doing so.

Life goes on, don't worry. Hopefully you'll be friends still.

I know how you feel, a very similar thing has happened (well...still is happening...some people dont take no for an answer) to me for the last couple years. But I think it's better to respect yourself and your friend by not getting involved in a relationship just because you don't want to hurt her feelings. because eventually you'll have to break up and that'll hurt more ...(unless it works out, but if you're not into her initially, I don't think it's fair to do that to yourself). You did the right thing :)

One of my male best friends asked me out. It lasted a day. First boyfriend, and doubt I'll date for a while.

Haven't spoken to him since.

Had another guy ask me out to a Valentine's Day ball this year. I wasn't sure what to do because I felt nothing, even though his words were nice to hear.

I kindly let him down, and then I realized I was asexual/aromantic.

BaymaxCupcake

I've had it done to me and I've done it to someone. It hurts but I'd rather know than be lead on.

I don't know much more I can add to this.

I have had my heartbroken.

Feels like falling into a bottomless black hole with absolutely no hope of returning.

But I have been the one to break hearts as well.

It's never easy whether we're asexual or not.

I feel like my heart is perpetually broken. I ache for closeness. For a partner who feels the way I do.

The pain of being in love with someone and losing them because I can't handle a sexual relationship is just becoming more painful than I fear I can handle....

I feel so alone. Im tired of hurting people. I'm afraid Ill be alone forever.

I may be asexual but I need and want love like anyone else does.

I just try to hold my head up and try to be grateful for what I have.

The guilt I carry around for hurting so many I loved is a burden that is so hard to bear.

Archived