First official, regular and offline space for asexuality in Italy!

ithaca

Hey!

I bring good news! Yesterday in Italy there's been the opening of the first offline space officially dedicated to asexual people! It was offered by Arcigay Milan (big nationally widespread LGBT organisation in Italy, in this case the Milan office) as a regular space for asexual people to meet, and people who want to know more to ask questions! For now it will probably me once a month, but I'm sure it'll be growing!

10953165_549564485186791_254412289694689

I would like to thank and congratulate the organiser, Alice, and Arcigay Milan for accomplishing this major achievement for visibility, education (and why not, politics) in a closed minded country like Italy!

I kindly ask people not to turn this thread into a debate as to whether or not asexuals should be part of the LGBT community, this is a thread to inform about and celebrate a major visibility accomplishment (but I would rather it stays in Vis/Ed than Cels, thanks PT/Mods).

That is awesome! :)

:cake: to all who helped make it happen!

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to thank and congratulate the organiser, Alice, and Arcigay Milan for accomplishing this major achievement for visibility, education (and why not, politics) in a closed minded country like Italy!

Is this the same Alice we both know? :O

Is this the same Alice we both know? :o

I don't think so. This one is an activist who lives in Milan, while I think you're talking of Silver, who lives in Rome, right?

Ooh, okay, was just checking. I am not familiar enough with Italy to have known that there was a difference; I just heard Alice and Italy, and my ears perked up >_>

Archived