instagram? snapchat?

binary suns

binary suns

What are these things and what benefit is there to using them?

I'm not too sure. I have neither. They just didn't really interest me. :mellow: I heard they're really just a bunch of pictures and selfies which I don't do any of that kind of stuff much.

I actually have both, but I check them rarely. It seems that about every 3 or so years right now, shoolmates are trying to find different ways to connect outside of school. For my generation, instagram is the way they accomplish this. Its mostly poorly photographed shots of friends or quotes they copy off the internet. Either way, it seems to give people a better way to connect (even though I would much prefer something that does not require a picture to post something.). I don't think there is any reason to get instagram if you are not using it for the reason I described. It is a very inconvenient social network.

The reason for my possession of snapchat is for a time when a texted picture was not compressing correctly. I don't really understand why I would want to make a stupid face at someone to communicate something. I would rather text, call, or go see them. Snapchat is a fad in my opinion.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I like snapchat. A lot.

I find it easier to keep in touch with friends in my city who I otherwise don't see very often.

I use Instagram for strict photography, and snapchat to communicate with only one person.

Dodecahedron314

I have neither, all I know is that somehow they always manage to cause inordinate amounts of drama among certain people I know who care way, way too much about them. Venture into that arena at your own risk.

imgur for me. No intentional old-photograph degradation of picture quality like Instagram.

TheStarrySkai

Hmm. Well there are two kpop idols that I like. Amber and Min. They have this setting where you can see their story, but you can snapchat them directly. Its a nice way of getting in touch with fans. As for instagram... I follow a bunch of artists, friends and nerds. There really is no huge benefit, but its nice sometimes I guess.

I don't really know much about Snapchat, but I use Instagram for my business. We post a lot of work-in-progress photos and other interesting things that are going on with us. Sometimes people link us to something like Thursday3 where people post a selfie and 3 things about themselves just to spread info that other people may not know. IG is one of our biggest ways that we get interaction from other people about what we make.

Archived