I can't figure out my sexuality.

ROdell

I am emotionally, physically, and sexually attracted to women, yet I am only physically attracted to men (this meaning in physical looks only, not including genitalia). I also am attracted to transsexuals. Im a woman by the way. I'm for sure not attracted to penises. I would be fully attracted to a man with a vagina, or a woman with a vagina. Maybe even someone who is unsure of their gender but still has female plumbing. All I'm confused about is what to define myself as to help explain my sexuality to others. Please help.

Hullo and welcome to AVEN! :cake: Only you yourself can identify what your sexuality is, of course, but I will say that it kind of reminds me of polysexual. Since bi- means attracted to two genders and pan- makes all genders (or gender blind), polysexual is almost all genders. I have done a bit of research about polysexuality in the past, but I kind of forgot the details since it didn't really apply much to me. Perhaps you could check it out and see if you could relate to it or not. Still, I say don't worry too much about it and don't let it stress you out. It's really just a label and whatever you identify with, you're perfectly fine. I'm sure you probably already know that, but just in case. Rather you identify with asexual or not, you are still welcomed here regardless! I hoped that helped and I also hope you enjoy it here! ^_^

SecretLibrary

My best friend said this to me the other day (based on a situation with his kid (who is just starting to try and figure out his own sexuality), but it really resonated with me): "Sometimes I think we spend too much time trying to pick out our labels. What's wrong with just taking people on a case-by-case basis as we meet them?"

Physical attraction can be intended and interpreted as three different attractions; aesthetic, sensual, and sexual. The sexual public uses this and coined it because they feel all of their attractions at once, as well as it being a basic emotion which enforces them not seeing the point in separating them. Aesthetic attraction: a fixation on someone because of their looks and or mannerisms. It is different from recognizing what others say are good looks; it is your own opinion and feeling a pull to look at someone; like a beautiful landscape except with a person. It does not automatically mean romantic attraction or platonic attraction (strong desire to befriend), but it can be felt with those. Nor does it have to be felt with romantic attraction to mean you feel romantically. There is the term Gynosexual but idk if it can be interpreted in your way; it means sexual attraction to any type of woman; being trans, intersex, etc. There is Femsexual but that just refers to femininity.

-_- I read the comments after and i find the answer. I'm not use to seeing or using the term Polysexual so it didn't come to mind. Honey-senpai is right. Though i wish there was a more specific term since that term can be used while holding one or more sex indicating attribute combinations out; its vague and will always need to be explained.

Thank you everyone! This helped a ton. Granted I may not be wholeheartedly a part of this site. I really appreciate all your help! Thank you.

Hi and welcome to AVEN! It sounds like you got some helpful insight. Don't hesitate to read around the site and join in conversations if you like. :)

9XwUtbw.jpg?1

Archived