I identify as Gray Asexual, Grayromantic. Is there 1 or more shorter ways to say that?

I'm having a hard time finding this using a search engine. I think an answer to this post would benefit many, including myself :)

I know Gray-Asexual is called Gray-A but is there a shorter term for Gray-romantic? Gray-ro? I've seen some ppl put Gray-Asexual/romantic instead of putting Gray twice.

the bumbling rotifer

Hi dio, and welcome to AVEN :cake:

How about grey-A? Although the "A" in grey-A is usually taken to mean asexual, there's no reason why it couldn't also refer to aromanticism. Also, most people outside of these forums don't distinguish romantic orientation from sexual orientation, so if you're looking for a term to use outside of AVEN, grey asexual may suffice for you :)

If you're looking for a label to use on AVEN, I've seen folks use grey aro / gray ace; I personally go with grey aro/ace, however, because it's less to type :)

Actually "Double Grey" could be used successfully amongst the Ace Community, it's actually kinda genius ..Doubly so :)

A-postle ..I'm already kinda savvy to the different terms separately, I was looking for a shortened combo term for the both, nonetheless, I find it a question that I'm sure other people may also have so I threw it out there in the mix.

the bumbling rotifer

Actually "Double Grey" could be used successfully amongst the Ace Community, it's actually kinda genius ..Doubly so :)

I'm an aromantic asexual fetishist (I feel that that puts me in the grey area on both spectra), and you've just inspired me to change my sexuality label to 50 shades of grey.

Edit: actually, I just can't bring myself to. I'm wincing at the idea of having a reference to *that book* on my profile.

I've seen Grey-Asexual shortened to "Grace" before, which is pretty cute. :lol: Uh... Grace-Romantic? :P

I've seen Grey-Asexual shortened to "Grace" before, which is pretty cute. :lol: Uh... Grace-Romantic? :P

I was thinking "Grace", also. That sounds nice. But, maybe spelling it "Grayce"? :) Still sounds like a name, but can be both masculine/feminine this way.

Gray Arrow?

EDIT: I realized that in trying to combine the two words, I just ended at one of them. But now I know what my avatar's going to be!

I like Double Gray.

Also, some Gray types have a title and some don't yet, maybe you can find a less repetitive title that way. If you want a quick result just tell me what the details of your Gray are.

binary suns

I'd focus on finding a shorthand word that works within the community, and with people who you've already came out to. Trying to shorthand something for new people risks confusing them anyway... the sort of concise thing you'd look for to talk to someone new would be to explain or define the terms concisely, and it would be best to use the full term you're explaining.

I've seen grey-ro before. double grey is also good :D

Gray-R? (it doesnt roll off the soung as easily/rhyme-- nor does Gray-sexual) Gray-A and Gray-R. Gray-AR? For people that fall toward the other direction, Gray-AA, Gray-SA, and Gray-SR. (sexual title being the first initial and romantic second)

just made this up btw

(kinda like Gray-R, it has to be because of Team Rocket's impression, XD i want a Team Rocket shirt with the letter colored gray)

Guys this has been settled 3 days ago. Check my profile info! I've adopted "Double Grey" because people already don't see us. "Double Grey" is easier to say and holds the short attention spanned people idle for a moment so that I can explain exactly what that is. The Grey spelling will be official too :)

CBC.Radio.Girl For the win !!! :)