April Fools 2015 - Ideas?

Steph Ace

We have one week until April 1st. Are we doing anything for April Fools on AVEN?

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Good idea Steph, but I must say I haven't really been thinking about it >.<

Maybe switch our avatars around or something?

WünderBâhr

Change all of our colors back to black and cite mass demotion as the reason. Then establish an AVEN-styled Hunger Games to figure new staff.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Edit: Oh... wait.. this is the April Fool's thread. I thought this was for new election policies. My bad.

I think it's a really bad idea for a sensible and dignified site such as AVEN to engage in April Fools. I think we need to wear excruciatingly sensible faces all day.

I'm really surprised and disappointed in you all to be honest for even contemplating April Fools silliness.

I think it's a really bad idea for a sensible and dignified site such as AVEN to engage in April Fools. I think we need to wear excruciatingly sensible faces all day.

I'm really surprised and disappointed in you all to be honest for even contemplating April Fools silliness.

Why not =O

Pleeeeeaae? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

tumblr_inline_n6ig7fkqSd1re1lpn.gif

No! No April Fools. I really need to put my foot down here. Sorry.

One time, we turned into Daleks. That was fun. Eons ago, Jesh and ghosts swapped names. That was confusing.

Since the next scheduled squirrel attack is not until 2 April, we should do something.

I also agree that it might be more sensible not to do anything silly. Dr. Mic speaks wisely.

Just be sure that this thread never gets declassified or posted on the open board. Serious admods R serious.

littlepersonparadox

Mic isn't the only one in PT and for all the PT members who do want to do something for april fools I saw we need to do something but something fun. Hummm what shall it be?

April fool's day is on a wednesday.

Our backroom rules clearly state

On Wednesdays we wear pink

Therefore, I suggest we ask Cole to turn the site completely pink. Then we pull a google and have pink AVEN every wednesday.

I would like it if we adopted a Simpsons theme to AVEN. We could all be Simpsons characters. But I claim dibs on Mr. Burns.

Excellent.

Allowing an April Fools joke may seem harmless enough, but it could set a very dangerous precedent. The cheesy daleks are one thing. But next time people might take it to a greater extreme. It's a very slippery slope. Just think: in future, you might end up with people creating an entire fake forum for the purpose of the April Fools joke, within which there might even be a fake April Fool thread in which people fakely debate whether having an April Fools is a good idea or not.

We need to nip this in the bud NOW. A'right?

True. I suppose that we should be professional.

But perhaps we could change names and/or avatars For April Fools? :ph34r:

Allowing an April Fools joke may seem harmless enough, but it could set a very dangerous precedent. The cheesy daleks are one thing. But next time people might take it to a greater extreme. It's a very slippery slope. Just think: in future, you might end up with people creating an entire fake forum for the purpose of the April Fools joke, within which there might even be a fake April Fool thread in which people fakely debate whether having an April Fools is a good idea or not.

We need to nip this in the bud NOW. A'right?

I think that's a little far fetched, Mic... That would take up a lot of valuable time.

littlepersonparadox

.Lia is right that would take wayyy to much, time effort and consideration. It's not like we have weeks to make it look convincing and then conveniently make it look like it got "leaked". It's not like the squirrels are playing nice with us. It'd take a nightmarish effort to let us post a April fools day threads.

The next squirrel attack is not scheduled until April 2, so we probably should do something.

If you think about it, the fake forum/fake leak thing isn't such a bad idea...the squirrels might take pity on us and think we have so many problems already that they'll go bother some other unfortunate forum.

If you think about it, the fake forum/fake leak thing isn't such a bad idea...the squirrels might take pity on us and think we have so many problems already that they'll go bother some other unfortunate forum.

Or we trick them into thinking that they have attacked us already.

littlepersonparadox

Or we trick them into thinking that they have attacked us already.

How silly do you think they are? It's not like we can convince them that the time machine they built actually works and that they already launched the attack and their future selves used the machine to go back in time and launch the attack early. Also how are we to convincingly leak it? It's not like we have a new mod to pin the fake "leak" on.

Qutenkuddly

I don't celebrate April Fools; there's no Pagan equivalent.

Considering the hacked front page today, I suggest that we do nothing for April Fool's Day.

Archived