Sexual Dreams?

clueingforlooks

clueingforlooks

I've seen a couple forum threads already discussing this topic, but I actually had my first sexual dream last night (I suppose it was sexual? Some may disagree, I'm not quite sure) and I'm just not quite sure what "normal", for lack of a better word, is in this situation.

I'll start off by saying before the other night the most sexual dream I've ever had was I was with a stranger, and he and I discussed having sex while we were in a bedroom. We both agreed we wanted to do it, in a pretty professional manner, but then we both fell asleep in the bed before we even got our clothes off. That dream happened twice, and I'm assuming that as a 20 year old, that's already going against the norm.

But, the other night, I had started a dream in the middle of a rather sexual act (TMI, I was apparently attempting to give yet another stranger a blowjob). It was sort of strange and really out of body. In the dream I knew it was supposed to be me, but I was sort of watching my self as if I wasn't actually doing the act, but watching myself do it (I hope that makes sense). And in my dream, before I could finish I must have known I was uncomfortable because I stopped in the middle of doing this to go and answer the front door to let a TV show character into the house to hang out with me instead, and then the dream turned rather mundane after that.

This dream has sort of been weirding me out for a couple days now, and I was just curious as to if dreams like this (or I guess lack of) are common? All my friends are sexuals so they find it strange that I generally don't have dreams like this at all.

Thanks! :D

Everybody's Watson

From what I've read, asexuals having sexual dreams is not very common, but it is by no means an anomaly. I personally tend to have sexuals dreams here and there but, unfortunately, my dreams have not been anywhere near as mild as what you are describing. I would say that your experiences are normal, and there is unfortunately nothing I am aware of that can change the dreams or keep them form happening.