Asexuality and Crossdressing

PersonOfLocation

PersonOfLocation

I know this sounds contriditory through all of the degrees, but, depsite identifying as Aseuxal, I feel like I should be dressing like a male as opposed to my birthsex. We've all heard that sexuality is a vastly strange and complex range of emotions and attractions and all that- but does anyone out there feel/has felt this way? Should I dress as a male? Should I stop asking questions in threes?

The Great WTF

How you dress or what gender you identify with has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Dress however you feel comfortable dressing.

hey welcome to AVEN! :cake:

your sexual orientation is separate from your gender identity, which is also separate from how you want to dress. Do you feel like a guy? Do you feel more comfortable being in 'male' roles? Do you feel like a female but not a very stereotypical one? I'd say if you feel more comfortable dressing like a guy then go for it! You might want to check out the Gender Discussions forum under the Identities section on the front page.

good luck with figuring yourself out :)

Hi and welcome to AVEN. :cake: :cake: :cake:

You can always ask questions, you just never know if someone will answer (and who). :P

Your asexuality doesn't have much to do with the gender you identify with. If you want to crossdress (what a strange verb) just do it. It might feel better than dressing like a female.

Clothing is just clothing. You're not more likely to dress as anything if you are anything, on a sexual or non sexual spectrum. There may be popularized ideas of gender friendly clothes that dictate what someone wears more than what they want to wear. Really, clothing is just fabric and styles. Some people can see masculinity in clothing and feminity but that really depends on how far you want to look into it. I mean, that also needs an explanation on whether or not someone thinks feminine or masculine clothing items belong to different genders because ideally if you're male, you're male no matter what you put on. If a certain style marketed towards men appeals to you and you'd feel better wearing that, you might as well. And again, not being CIS isn't a package deal with being asexual.

Really, clothing is just fabric and styles. Some people can see masculinity in clothing and feminity but that really depends on how far you want to look into it.

Clothing might also be expression of oneself, and there is meaning given to clothing, just as there is meaning given to sounds that make up words and those sounds used for expression. Though, maybe your point is that the particular meaning can be personal if you like what the clothes express, even if others assign other meanings that they consider not appropriate to express.